Recently Viewing

I loved Watchmen, but I followed everything about that production from day one, so I knew exactly what I was in for.

Man of Steel was ok/good, but it felt so rushed. No scene was given any time to breathe. If they would've cut 10 minutes from the final fight scene and spread that out other places I think it would've been a much better movie. With so many characters lined up for Bats vs. Supes, I have a feeling it's going to have the same problem.

Never really been into musicals but I got dragged to go see Jersey Boys last week and I throughly enjoyed it. Didn't expect that at all.

I had zero interest when this came around as a musical, and I have a passing interest in Frankie Valli's music at best... and yet when that trailer came out for some reason I had such a reaction to it. I got really pumped to see that movie. I really want to catch it in the theater.

Last night I rewatched Hollywoodland and forgot how much I like it. A bit disjointed, but great acting. I am a sucker for anything "old hollywood" especially crime fiction/historical fiction set in that era.

Never really been into musicals but I got dragged to go see Jersey Boys last week and I throughly enjoyed it. Didn't expect that at all.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about Jersey Boys, I might go see it this weekend.  Taking my Dad because he was a big fan back in the day.

I wanted to hate it so much. I remember sitting in the theater with my arms crossed like "Pffft,you can't remake a classic"

But then the first 10 minutes kicked my ass and the rest of the movie just continued being awesome.

It's the only Zack Snyder movie I can fully enjoy, the cool thing is James Gunn, the guy who's doing Guardians of The Galaxy wrote the screenplay for that, might have been why I liked it. 

Watchmen is the only other movie of his I can watch, Man of Steel was disappointing as fuck, how can DC do so well at TV (Arrow) and do so badly at movies currently? Oh well.

I had zero interest when this came around as a musical, and I have a passing interest in Frankie Valli's music at best... and yet when that trailer came out for some reason I had such a reaction to it. I got really pumped to see that movie. I really want to catch it in the theater.

Last night I rewatched Hollywoodland and forgot how much I like it. A bit disjointed, but great acting. I am a sucker for anything "old hollywood" especially crime fiction/historical fiction set in that era.

I'm assuming you've seen LA Confidential? 

"great decisions in foreign policy" is pretty cool (on Netflix streaming). Just briefly (and in a fair, balanced manner) addresses a bunch of current issues throughout the world (Iran, the Euro zone debt, Arab Spring, inconsistency in American policy decisions to get involved in some places and stay out of others, etc..).