Recently Viewing

Pain & Gain - Damn You Netflix!!!!! Why do you insist on suggesting shitty movies that you know I'll be enough of a sucker to watch? Why? Why? Why?

Timeline - Again, Dear Netflix, yes, I love Rock, Paul Walker and Vin Diesel movies but damn you this was fucking terrible. (And I watched the whole thing. True Story)

Backdraft - I remember it being better. Now I'm a firefighter and all I could do was ask why these guys were running into burning buildings without SCBA gear or gloves. And why in working fires there was never any smoke. I know, it would have made for a terrible film but I remember as a kid thinking it was realistic. Still a fun film to watch all in all. 

Backdraft - I remember it being better. Now I'm a firefighter and all I could do was ask why these guys were running into burning buildings without SCBA gear or gloves. And why in working fires there was never any smoke. I know, it would have made for a terrible film but I remember as a kid thinking it was realistic. Still a fun film to watch all in all. 

Is that the fire-fighter movie that also deals with time travel, or am I thinking of something else?

Girlfriend got me to watch the first 2 episodes of Orange Is The New Black. I ended up enjoying it, so we'll probably watch more.

I also bought the first season of True Detectives on blu-ray today. Watched the first episode and holy shit. I love it already.

yessss goin' to pick that up tonight!!

is there any cool bonus/exclusive material on the blu-ray?

if not, then i think i'll just rewatch on HBOGO

-Making True Detective – Behind-the-scenes interviews with cast and crew, including unseen footage

-Up Close with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson – Exclusive interviews with the stars about filming the series

-A Conversation with Nic Pizzolatto and T Bone Burnett – An in-depth discussion with the series creator/executive producer/writer and the legendary composer on the series and the pivotal role of music

-Inside the Episode – Nic Pizzolatto and director Cary Joji Fukunaga share their thoughts on character development and offer insights into each episode

-Two audio commentaries - Featuring Nic Pizzolatto, T Bone Burnett and Executive Producer Scott Stephens

-Deleted Scenes – Never-before-seen footage from the series

anyone watching Orphan Black?

Tony? It seemed like the showrunners were like "you seen Tatiana Maslany play amazingly different characters, but you never seen her as a man!" My wife think he looked like Opolo Ohno, i thought early Klingon. He was supposedly from Cincinnati, but had a weird Canadian accent.  Not sure where they are going with this, but it's been excellent so far.

Started watching The Returned, and holy shit is it awesome. I've been meaning to watch it for a while, and after seeing the first 5 episodes I'm kicking myself for waiting this long. For those that don't know, it's about a small French town (the whole show is in French) where some previous townspeople return from the dead. Super good. And Mogwai does the music for it.

-Making True Detective – Behind-the-scenes interviews with cast and crew, including unseen footage

-Up Close with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson – Exclusive interviews with the stars about filming the series

-A Conversation with Nic Pizzolatto and T Bone Burnett – An in-depth discussion with the series creator/executive producer/writer and the legendary composer on the series and the pivotal role of music

-Inside the Episode – Nic Pizzolatto and director Cary Joji Fukunaga share their thoughts on character development and offer insights into each episode

-Two audio commentaries - Featuring Nic Pizzolatto, T Bone Burnett and Executive Producer Scott Stephens

I didn't realize the blu was already out, I'll have to pick that up.

AAAAHHHHHH!!!!  I didn't realize this was out yet either. Must pick it up this weekend. One of my favorite TV series of this year. Absolutely brilliant!

Finally watched the Grand Budapest Hotel yesterday. Probably one of Anderson's most beautiful films. Every scene was breathtaking and the story was fantastic. I expected nothing less from Mr. Anderson, and I loved every moment of it.

Then we finished off the night by watching Cuban Fury with Rashida Jones, Nick Frost and Chris O'Dowd. It was silly, cheesy and cute. I enjoyed the cast more than the movie, but it wasn't terrible.