Recently Viewing

Yeah an IMDB 7.6 isn't very good for a superhero movie on its opening weekend. The ratings always come down from there.

Was debating seeing that or Cap cause I have the day off and the weather is shitty. Looks like it will be Captain America for me.

Ive never seen the first captain america. I have it here but just never got around to it. I saw part 2 when it came out. Movie was a bore to me. Couldnt wait for it to end

Currently watching Stepmom

Made it to a bunch of movies this week.

The Other Woman - wasn't great, but it was ok.

Dom Hemingway - was great.

Gladiator - part of the classic series, was good. I had never seen it before. It had been hyped up so much that I had expected more from it, but I really enjoyed it.

Super Duper Alice Cooper - was really good. Never went out of my way to listen to any of his music, but it was an interesting and very entertaining doc. 

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - I loved it. I thought the first was good, but not anything special. I really liked all the new characters. I know a lot of people are hating on it, but it was a fun movie to watch.

The preview even left me feeling like it wouldn't be anything amazing.....

I should've stopped watching when Uncle Ben died and I felt nothing. Not sadness, not anger nothing. The setup was terrible

Cap was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. It came out on my birthday so I felt like that made it that much better.

So true. I saw it opening day as well. I'm excited for Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers 2 next year

Watched Escape From Tomorrow and The Sacrament tonight.

Escape From Tomorrow was bizarre to say the least. In a really good way. Such a weird movie that ended up being pretty damn creepy. Plus the fact that they filmed the whole thing at at Disney World without their permission blows my mind. Soooo cool.

The Sacrament was absolutely fantastic. Ti West is such an awesome writer/director. He deserves so much more attention than what he gets. Seriously, see this as soon as you can.

The Sacrament was absolutely fantastic. Ti West is such an awesome writer/director. He deserves so much more attention than what he gets. Seriously, see this as soon as you can.

Watched this tonight too, I really liked it and thought there were a bunch of awesome parts, although I wouldn't consider it at all a "horror" movie like how it's being marketed. And I feel like he could've taken even more liberty with the plot rather than trying to make it very true to how the actual Jonestown was and ended. But still really entertaining nonetheless.

ASM1 was pretty bad.  I don't really like Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker, so there was already one strike for me going in.

liked Garfield. My complaint was that it was too soon after the previous incarnation and took too long getting to any new material.

If they are going to just pump out superhero movies and quickly reboot, it would be nice if they recognized that 90% of their audience has already seen the same origin story. Just breeze through it and pick up on new material.

Watched this tonight too, I really liked it and thought there were a bunch of awesome parts, although I wouldn't consider it at all a "horror" movie like how it's being marketed. And I feel like he could've taken even more liberty with the plot rather than trying to make it very true to how the actual Jonestown was and ended. But still really entertaining nonetheless.

I'd have to agree with you there. I loved the movie, but

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't expecting some kind of big twist or something.

Necromantic : Volume II - The first half of the movie was really dark, much darker than Volume I.  The last story arc (and last of hour the film) felt off and I didn't really buy it.  I also thought the ending was asinine.  I'm a little bummed that the last hour soured the first three for me a bit.  I'd still recommend watching then and the good outweighs the bad, it mainly felt like the quality dipped a lot with that last arc.

Les Revenetes - Season 1 - It was excellent and easily the best 'zombie' related movie or tv show I've seen in years.  I'm using 'zombie' loosely here, but I think it's appropriate.  It's fairly slow paced and the show keeps a lot of things a mystery, but not in an infuriating way (like say Lost).  Highly recommended.  Plus, Mogwai does the score.

Went and saw Neighbors tonight. Super funny from beginning to end! Haven't laughed that much at a movie in a long time.

This completely. It was absolutely hilarious, it's been a while since I've seen a movie that made me laugh like that. I saw that today as well as the new Spider-Man movie, which was better than I expected. Overall, a good movie viewing day.

Got to see They Came Together last night and David Wain did a Q and A. The movie was really funny, back to the absurd gags of Wet Hot American Summer and The Ten rather than the more normal humor of Wain's two previous big budget movies(Role Models and Wanderlust). And Paul Rudd and Amy Poehler were great but that goes without saying. 

Just threw season 10 on my iPad for a trip.  Anytime I go anywhere, I make sure to at least have a Simpsons season with me.  Have yet to get tired of them.

I hear ya, I always have at least a seasons worth on mine.  They're always still funny to me and I never get tired of them.