Recently Viewing

World War Z

Ok, I'm not saying it isn't a flawed movie but I heard so many horrible things that I expected a total hunk of crap. I was pleasantly surprised - I thought it pretty entertaining. Do I expect to watch it again? Probably not but I certainly don't feel like I wasted two hours of my life. 

Huzzahs For Lowered Expectations!!!!

The "method" of defeating the zombies is retarded. Probably only one-upped by "signs" and the whole "swing-away" thing (at least, that is what comes to mind).

On vacation right now in Myrtle Beach with my girlfriend and my family. Every night my girlfriend and I knock out a couple/few movies.

Last night (our first night) we watched:

- Fat Girl

- Afflicted

Both were really good. Highly recommend both.

I feel like Afflicted would have been better had the affliction not been fucking

vampirism. Guess I'm just tired of vampires.

That said it was very well acted & had some cool scare/bloody moments.

The "method" of defeating the zombies is retarded. Probably only one-upped by "signs" and the whole "swing-away" thing (at least, that is what comes to mind).

Ha ha ha. This was certainly a movie where you had to suspend belief and lower expectations. There is no doubt you have to wonder why Brad Pitt was our best hope, he certainly gave me the Lois-Lane reaction at times like in that last Superman film. 

Saw wish I was here last week. I'm interested in hearing what someone else thought. I didn't really enjoy it initially and thought the chemistry was off between the lead actors. But it did have a few nice moments. Might be charming after a couple more viewings but at the moment i just thought it was really weird.

It was definitely a step from Moonrise Kingdom in my opinion. The nested structure of is was really weird too. It played almost no part in the plot and took up a whole 10 minutes of time. It's like he only included it to add a few more famous faces in.

I haven't seen Moonrise Kingdom yet, I'll probably be watching that soon.

I watched The Grand Budapest Hotel last night.  I didn't really care for it.  I liked that it was on the darker side, but I just didn't think it was that great.

Last movie I've seen at a cinema...I really enjoyed it! Had no real expectations because I haven't seen any trailer or the actor list! Was positively surprised by the style! Never seen anything like this before! And the story was quite fun!

I'm looking for a new TV series that I could start; but no clue which ones are good! I enjoyed Lost, Breaking Bad, How I met your Mother...anything in particular that I need to watch (regardless of genre)?

Last movie I've seen at a cinema...I really enjoyed it! Had no real expectations because I haven't seen any trailer or the actor list! Was positively surprised by the style! Never seen anything like this before! And the story was quite fun!

I'm looking for a new TV series that I could start; but no clue which ones are good! I enjoyed Lost, Breaking Bad, How I met your Mother...anything in particular that I need to watch (regardless of genre)?

Don't know if you have seen any of these:

The Wire,sopranos, the killing, walking dead, game of thrones, sherlock, orange is the new black, house of cards, arrested development, sons of anarchy.

I could really keep going. Pretty much watch the wire though. Wont regret it.

The first 4 seasons of Dexter are pretty epic.

The Raid : Redemption - Heard a lot about it here and some other places.  I thought it was ok, but I didn't love it.  Action movies in general don't do a lot for me though.  I'll probably watch the second one someday, but I'm not in a rush to do so.

All Cheerleaders Die - Was a little drunk when I watched it, it was kind of entertaining.  Wouldn't watch it again and I don't know if I'd recommend it to anyone.