11 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I got a Touche Amore shirt for free once. Lost it in one of my 4 moves that happened in the span of a year a few years ago though. Lost most of my band shirts actually :( I still have like a dozen TWIABP shirts and I'm missing at least six of them.

Man, that blows. I've probably got 5 or 6 shirts. Just ordered a cool Protest the Hero one last week and will wear it tomorrow.

Assuming it's okay with @GreatGreenOne77 I can link you that Elliott Smith tribute. Kinda a mixed bag but there's some pretty cool stuff. Waltz #2 caught me a  bit off guard, it's pretty radically different.

EDIT: Still listening, the Bled White cover is pretty damn cool too

Edited by Holo

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I've had well over 100 band shirts and I feel like that's embarrassingly low.

My Between the Bars sing along comes with actual tears. It's bad.

I mean, I have probably been buying them for just over a yearish, I'll get there eventually.

Just like with movies/tv/anime, my tears are entirely dependent upon how sleep deprived I am

2 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Morning all...up early so I can keep an eye on everything while my girls sleep. I need to step my coffee game up as some would be great right now

Morning room. Hope everything's alright where you are @KingTacoMunster. It's gusty & rainy as hell here! 

10 hours ago, Holo said:

Assuming it's okay with @GreatGreenOne77 I can link you that Elliott Smith tribute. Kinda a mixed bag but there's some pretty cool stuff. Waltz #2 caught me a  bit off guard, it's pretty radically different.

EDIT: Still listening, the Bled White cover is pretty damn cool too

Anything I share with you is open for the community bro! 

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

I've spent all morning getting our Florida stores up and running again. I wish they would have put someone else on today, because it's too busy for 2 people... and the old lady has no clue what she is doing.

Hope everyone is still staying safe.

Nothing like being a one legged man in an ass kicking contest eh T3? Hope your day goes by quickly. This weather is nothing to enjoy for sure. This is going to cause some serious flooding damage for sure

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

It's one of those weird fast/slow days. I guess flooding is better than flooding and total destruction.. maybe? Hopefully it'll subside quick, and you guys won't be stranded for a bit.

It's just such an abnormal amount of rainfall in one swoop that fucks things up around here. My GF was saying that the ER at her hospital tends to flood when it gets like this because of how it sits on the lowest part of the land the hospital is built on. Wouldn't usually cause concern, but when you get an unusual weather event, uh oh.....

That seems like it could be a real concern, you'd think they'd plan it better, but I guess if it does not rain often enough it's not normally a concern.

The hospital my dad used to work at flooded when the remnants of Sandy blew through here, and while it did not flood the ER, it flooded all the rooms to clean instruments, clothing etc. It also unleashed a swarm of cockroaches throughout the rest of the hospital.

Edited by Thomas³

18 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

That seems like it could be a real concern, you'd think they'd plan it better, but I guess if it does not rain often enough it's not normally a concern.

The hospital my dad used to work at flooded when the remnants of Sandy blew through here, and while it did not flood the ER, it flooded all the rooms to clean instruments, clothing etc. It also unleashed a swarm of cockroaches throughout the rest of the hospital.

Yea, rain events like this aren't that common on the inland part of our state, and seeing as they built that hospital when her and I were in high school still, not sure they thought anything like that would have happened really.

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

48 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Morning.... how did @GreatGreenOne77 and @KingTacoMunster fair with the storm?

Still no power. Been like this since yesterday.... Not fun. If no power is back on by 3 we are going to have to find somewhere to go stay.

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

best of luck with the storm recovery, hope it's sooner than later, otherwise maybe a generator is in the budget if it's going to be awhile?

Still need to do some paperwork and work out the details but it looks like I'll be rejoining the working world, had a phone interview with the head honcho yesterday and he gave the green light to hire me at the Columbia location, back in the record stores! Best of all no pipes and fake pee and scales here that brings in the deplorables, just records, cds and audio equipment

5 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

best of luck with the storm recovery, hope it's sooner than later, otherwise maybe a generator is in the budget if it's going to be awhile?

Still need to do some paperwork and work out the details but it looks like I'll be rejoining the working world, had a phone interview with the head honcho yesterday and he gave the green light to hire me at the Columbia location, back in the record stores! Best of all no pipes and fake pee and scales here that brings in the deplorables, just records, cds and audio equipment

Good luck with the new job. I know that's a big step toward regaining control. Just make sure they don't manage to keep half your pay on new releases dude. And thanks to all for your concern, this is certainly out of the norm for sure...

1 minute ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Good luck with the new job. I know that's a big step toward regaining control. Just make sure they don't manage to keep half your pay on new releases dude. And thanks to all for your concern, this is certainly out of the norm for sure...

the forever struggle is not spending your check within the company haha, but thanks it's been hard for me to put my self out there and re-enter the working world, it's been about 15 months of no working so I'm looking forward to this opportunity. Record store work is the only thing I've ever felt like I was great at, so it will be good to feel useful again and it might be a great bridge to a more lucrative career but I can't count out where the job could take me it sounds like they take good care of their people. It sounds like they are lacking depth of record knowledge at this location, so hopefully I can be a great asset.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic