I bought a house yesterday, still letting that sink in.  I decided to keep my apartment until the end of October so I could move over slowly.  But I stayed over last night on an air mattress to feel it out.  It was weird, like house sitting.  Except I could smoke inside, cause it's mine now.

50 minutes ago, nancy_raygun said:

I bought a house yesterday, still letting that sink in.  I decided to keep my apartment until the end of October so I could move over slowly.  But I stayed over last night on an air mattress to feel it out.  It was weird, like house sitting.  Except I could smoke inside, cause it's mine now.

Is it haunted? It feels weird sleeping in a house you bought for the first time.

Work is busy as hell because of the hurricane shutting down all our stores in Florida. Stay safe everyone.

Edited by Thomas³

57 minutes ago, nancy_raygun said:

Congrats! The thrill of a flat to house move it great. 

58 minutes ago, nancy_raygun said:

Congrats! Feels great though, doesn't it?

2 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

I have a crazy idea to quit at the end of the month, and travel a bit to all the cities I want to live. My mental health could certainly use it, but there is a little voice telling me it's dumb.

If you have the resources, fuck it. Do it.

Living your life is not dumb.

11 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Is it haunted? It feels weird sleeping in a house you bought for the first time.

No signs yet, but I'm kind of crossing my fingers it is.  I'm pretty much 100% sure it was sold because the person who owned it died.  Whether they died there or not is another question.

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Congrats! Feels great though, doesn't it?

For sure.  I was walking around it yesterday just making a list of all the projects I want to do.  I've always wanted to get into DIY but never owned my own property before. 

42 minutes ago, deafening said:

I do, my only issue is my house. My dad said he'd sell if for me though if I ever decide to move. I'm just apprehensive about just quitting and not working for a month or two, though I have the financial means that it's not a problem. I'm just not happy here, and have wanted to move for a while but just don't have time with work to go visit the places I'm interested in (the ones I have not been to yet).

I do, my only issue is my house. My dad said he'd sell if for me though if I ever decide to move. I'm just apprehensive about just quitting and not working for a month or two, though I have the financial means that it's not a problem. I'm just not happy here, and have wanted to move for a while but just don't have time with work to go visit the places I'm interested in (the ones I have not been to yet).

Nice triple post combined into one.

Edited by Thomas³

4 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Nice triple post combined into one.

That is impressive. 

6 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

That is impressive. 

Right? It's weird how they combine posts now, but I guess it kills the double/triple posts.

5 minutes ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

Move to Philadelphia, best city in the world.

Disagreeing with that means you support Donald Trump.

Boom.

It's on the list.

13 hours ago, deafening said:

That's just like, your opinion man

I suppose, but I haven nothing to really get excited about so I don't care and don't like doing big social things anyway.

13 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Not to get dark, but as someone who has suffered from depression for longer than Rez has been alive...sometimes they ARE an accomplishment.

I also like having a couple days where I'm allowed to act like a god damn princess.

Yeah, I guess this would be. Hadn't looked at it that way, my shit isn't ever too tough, and the worst of it was mostly a year or two ago. Still though, I'd argue that it isn't making it to your birthday that is an accomplishment, it is making it to any new day in that kind of situation. Birthdays are only special because we deem them so, and it's only relative to our weird calendar. It could be set as a goal, but the date itself is insignificant, the fact that you keep powering through whatever shit you are personally dealing with that is the accomplishment. To me at least, it isn't worth celebrating my birthday. I haven't done anything remarkable this year, probably won't next year, and I haven't had a particularly difficult year. I'll be 17, but who really cares? Hell, even if I wanted to do something I am not sure I even know enough people who'd want to do anything anymore.

Days? You were born on multiple days? :P

(i don't think anyone would take my shit for even the day)

12 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Birthdays also take on extra significance when you drink. It's basically a free pass to get as drunk as you want.

If your birthday falls on a Wednesday when you're in your early 20s, fucking game over man. You get two weekends and basically the entire week in between to do whatever you want. Kinda like when Halloween falls on a Wednesday.

Eh, I guess maybe it's that I am still young. I get up a 6, do school shit until 7 or 8PM usually, and then the rest of the evening is mine to fuck about with. Had some long nights this week, but as a rule of thumb that's it. We've already established I don't drink though.

43 minutes ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

Move to Philadelphia, best city in the world.

Disagreeing with that means you support Donald Trump.

Boom.

Philadelphia was fantastic. Really wish we'd spent more time there. Did enjoy a sandwich from the Firehouse (I think). Still think about that sandwich over 2 years on...

4 minutes ago, Holo said:

What album is that? The one on the right is pretty uwu

It's the promo for "Sings Christmas Carols" by you know who. I have the clear with red & green already, and the eBay seller had the white one pictured which is some new find as an example, so I went for it. Not paying for two copies of the same thing. Listing says white, that is very obviously clear with red & green. Stevie Wonder could tell those aren't the same records...

Edit: To top it off, it came bent to hell in three places

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

20 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

It's the promo for "Sings Christmas Carols" by you know who. I have the clear with red & green already, and the eBay seller had the white one pictured which is some new find as an example, so I went for it. Not paying for two copies of the same thing. Listing says white, that is very obviously clear with red & green. Stevie Wonder could tell those aren't the same records...

Edit: To top it off, it came bent to hell in three places

How much did it cost? Could I still get one? I may if it is cheap enough because it is pretty

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic