Man, I can't win this week:

• Me and the lady broke up (I ended it).
  • My Dad has cataracts and needs 4 eye surgeries.
  • USPS lost my record.

I'm pretty much dead inside, but this might be enough to make me feel something; almost.

Damn, dude. I'll send out a pic of some pork chops I'm cookin tonight. Food always makes me feel better.  :(

Man, I can't win this week:

• Me and the lady broke up (I ended it).
  • My Dad has cataracts and needs 4 eye surgeries.
  • USPS lost my record.
I'm pretty much dead inside, but this might be enough to make me feel something; almost.

My dad just got out of surgery 3 hours ago. Here's to your dad's being successful

Damn, dude. I'll send out a pic of some pork chops I'm cookin tonight. Food always makes me feel better.  :(

Food and music is all that matters.

Hang in there bud. Time for some Caspian.

Way ahead of you. And thanks, man. I'll be alright.

My dad just got out of surgery 3 hours ago. Here's to your dad's being successful

Glad to hear it. And thanks! I'm sure he will be fine.

Take it nice and slow/easy. Allow the sadness to happen for a bit but not too much. Remember it is not the end of the world and life kicks for nobody.

I'm not that beaten up over it. It came down to our personalities not lining up. I'm a very logical person, and she is emotional. I had to fight my natural reactions every step of the way, and change who I was to make her happy. She didn't know I was doing that. At the end of the day me being myself wasn't making her happy. We're only fooling ourselves. I care about her, and I'm trying to do what is best long term. I hope she understands in time. She's young, so this is going to be a lot harder on her than it is me.

I'm not that beaten up over it. It came down to our personalities not lining up. I'm a very logical person, and she is emotional. I had to fight my natural reactions every step of the way, and change who I was to make her happy. She didn't know I was doing that. At the end of the day me being myself wasn't making her happy. We're only fooling ourselves. I care about her, and I'm trying to do what is best long term. I hope she understands in time. She's young, so this is going to be a lot harder on her than it is me.

Holy fucking shit. I strive to look at life from your eyes. Wow. I have so much respect for you.

Holy fucking shit. I strive to look at life from your eyes. Wow. I have so much respect for you.

It was definitely a hard decision, and one that is causing one of us a lot of pain. Especially when we have put over a year into this already. But when you are with someone longer you face new obstacles, new situations, which brings new outlook. Unfortunately I started to realize that who I naturally was isn't right for her. Why would she want to be with me if I wasn't being true to her, or true to myself? Pulling the trigger is rough, but ultimately best. I try to apply this to all aspects of life, but when you're outlook is logical as mine, it can definitely cause some problems, but I would honestly it rather be hard then me having to fake who I am for someone else, and lie every day. What good does that do them anyway?

And thanks for saying so. I appreciate that. It makes relationships very hard, and very complicated. The shitty part is that you usually don't start to realize this stuff until you've invested a lot of time in getting to know the other person. But at the end of the day at least you are true to yourself, and to those around you. Cause if you really care about someone, would you really want to be lying to them every day?

It was definitely a hard decision, and one that is causing one of us a lot of pain. Especially when we have put over a year into this already. But when you are with someone longer you face new obstacles, new situations, which brings new outlook. Unfortunately I started to realize that who I naturally was isn't right for her. Why would she want to be with me if I wasn't being true to her, or true to myself? Pulling the trigger is rough, but ultimately best. I try to apply this to all aspects of life, but when you're outlook is logical as mine, it can definitely cause some problems, but I would honestly it rather be hard then me having to fake who I am for someone else, and lie every day. What good does that do them anyway?

And thanks for saying so. I appreciate that. It makes relationships very hard, and very complicated. The shitty part is that you usually don't start to realize this stuff until you've invested a lot of time in getting to know the other person. But at the end of the day at least you are true to yourself, and to those around you. Cause if you really care about someone, would you really want to be lying to them every day?

I'm sorry to hear this. You seem like a good guy and I hate that you're having an upsetting time right now. :/. Hopefully you guys can stay friends? But you seem to be handling this very well. Much better than I could be and I think that's wonderful.

I'm sorry to hear this. You seem like a good guy and I hate that you're having an upsetting time right now. :/. Hopefully you guys can stay friends? But you seem to be handling this very well. Much better than I could be and I think that's wonderful.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I hope that we do, but only time will tell. Right now I just have to give her space.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic