Guest deleted

i'm doing a speech on how music can convey emotion, and i have two points to make

with one being how we pick up on emotional cues

and the second being how different sections of the song structure effectively convey emotions,

i need a third main point but im having trouble thinking of what it should be

any help?

Let me get back to u in a minute... I have a book on this topic. U are using research, correct?

Guest deleted

Ok, I can't give u the full deets but the book "This Is Your Brain On Music" - Chapter 6 - Music, Emotion & The Reptilian Brain has some good stuff, as well as other parts of the book.

Good luck!

I used to be a mover/driver/crew leader for a big company for 7 years. They are all the same. You got one good guy and two worthless shits that will destroy your shit.

Be nice to them. If not, when you're not looking they will cram and break things.

Buy them lunch.

Keep an eye on how he grades your furniture.

Summary: movers are a pack of wild dogs. But can be domesticated.

I used to be a mover/driver/crew leader for a big company for 7 years. They are all the same. You got one good guy and two worthless shits that will destroy your shit.

Be nice to them. If not, when you're not looking they will cram and break things.

Buy them lunch.

Keep an eye on how he grades your furniture.

Summary: movers are a pack of wild dogs. But can be domesticated.

yeah i was thinking that. curious on how they would do that, grading wise. im moving from dallas, tx to dover, new hampshire, im more interested in someone driving my stuff. i dont mind the actual packing and loading. 

Anyone play drums or bass and want to record some shit for this project im working on with a friend. You can be anywhere but need to be able to record and email it to me. Doesn't have to be great sound quality. 

And if you live near chicago or milwaukee and would like to play with us we are looking to practice together the day after thanksgiving and the between christmas/new years with a potential for a couple shows in the spring. 

If you are interested pm me and ill send you what we got so far.

i'm doing a speech on how music can convey emotion, and i have two points to make

with one being how we pick up on emotional cues

and the second being how different sections of the song structure effectively convey emotions,

i need a third main point but im having trouble thinking of what it should be

any help?

Take a few Queen songs, structure and use on tempo

Study punk v. classical and explain the different melodies and note choice and shit

Lyrics the reliability of lyrics should be a third point

I don't know I hope I helped.

im planning on moving this month and want to find some movers. has anyone used them before?

are any good? im looking at pods, or upack and united.

I've moved a lot and used several different companies and they have all managed to break some of my stuff.  It took me 6 months of fighting with the last company to finally be reimbursed.  It you wanted it moved right, do it yourself.

I've heard good things about those Pod jawns.  I've never moved far enough that required a driver though so I'm not much help. =\  My best friend just moved from NJ to FL and they had this huuuuge 18 wheeler come and pick up their stuff from their apartment and her parent's house.  That was done through her fiance's job relo though.

I really really need to start working out and getting back into shape, but fuck am I lazy. My anxiety also likes to kick in when I work out, and I start feeling panicky and foggy headed, but I need to ignore that. Anyone have an tips?

its really horrible. it was a pretty big diamond.

she only takes it off at home...which is good. at her work, she has to wear gloves a lot, etc. so she leaves it.

we were right in the middle of getting it insured. i was on the phone with the insurance company a few days ago.

of course this would happen now. i looked for hours this morning.

:(

Well now that the vacuum is eliminated, if you have bedside tables, look in between those and the bed.  Also in between the bed frame and the mattress, etc.  I knock things off my end table almost every night and most of the time I find them on the floor in between the pieces of furniture.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic