My brother and I tore the entire rear end of my car apart to make some welding repairs and it is super nerve-racking. The damage was way worse than I thought it was. On the bright side, we should be able to put it back together tonight. I think we'll be working at it for a least three more hours tonight.

speaking of bad taste in halloween costumes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2488232/Fury-British-girls-Twin-Towers-fancy-dress-costumes--daughter-pilot-flying-US-time-terror-attacks.html

i want to punch them until theres bone in their stool.

I just don't understand people sometimes

It's offensive, it's in bad taste, it's stupid, bla bla bla.

I'm tired of articles about Halloween costumes already. I guess it's time to accept that every year, in the ill-advised name of being "topical" and "edgy," some people are going to dress in things that other people are going to be upset about. Maybe next year I'll just have a party where everyone should dress up as the worst thing imaginable and we'll all tweet pictures over ourselves to hurt the feelings of conservatives and sanctimonious liberals.

Where's the best place to make a resume online for free? It would be nice to just type everything into a template.

Lifehacker seems to have a lot of good articles about building a resume, but I don't recall if they had any specific links to templates.

Depending upon what kind of position your applying for, I'd suggest not using a template.  It's hard making a resume standout a lot of the time and using a template seems like it would make it blend in even more.  The last time I worked on my resume, I think I worked on it a little bit every night over the course of a week or two.  Breaking it up seemed a lot better than sitting at it for four or five hours.  I'd recommend reading some articles about what makes a good resume and spending some time with some example resumes.  If you have any friends who work in HR, have them take a look too.

We live in a time where offensive is considered funny, yet we act shocked when people try (usually too hard) to offend. People need to make up their minds already...

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic