I don't like the feeling of shitting out hot coals.

I love spicy food.  Realistically though hot just for hots sake is foolish, most of the time.  Indian food give the best heat, its hot but not overpowering and full of flavor. 

Yeah eating a whole ghost pepper in a bite is just kind of torture, but its something that I want to try once.  Next on the list is Trinidad Moruga or 7 Pod Douglah

I like indian food as well.  They know how to do spicy.

I was talking to my neighbor (older mexican guy) yesterday about devils night, and he said “lock your doors, all the spooks are going to be out tonight.”
which i’m pretty sure is racist.

anyway I also found out no one else calls the night before halloween devils night. everyone here does illegal/stupid stuff. Vandalism, burning shit down.

2mmahqa.png

I posted this on my FB yesterday. I'm so surprised that NJ is the only place that knows it as mischief night.  I at least thought that the rest of the country knew it as SOMETHING.  I guess NJ and MI are alone in that haha.

I've always called it mischief night, and kind of thought that was a Canadian thing until I experienced it here. Weird that it's only called mischief night in Canada and that really small portion of PA/NJ.

In Vermont they call it Cabbage Night. No clue why. 

My mother grew up in way north Jersey (Bergen County) where they also called it that.

I've always called it mischief night, and kind of thought that was a Canadian thing until I experienced it here. Weird that it's only called mischief night in Canada and that really small portion of PA/NJ.

I'm glad to know the Canadians have a name for it!

when i was in elementary school my house got it good on devils night one year. we found out later my older brother was involved in some sort of high school love triangle so a bunch of girls went crazy with eggs and toiletpaper.

currently, I live right down the road from the firehouse in my city. I heard lots of trucks go by last night.

I was talking to my neighbor (older mexican guy) yesterday about devils night, and he said “lock your doors, all the spooks are going to be out tonight.”

which i’m pretty sure is racist.

anyway I also found out no one else calls the night before halloween devils night. everyone here does illegal/stupid stuff. Vandalism, burning shit down.

2mmahqa.png

In the South West where a lot of Mexican-Americans reside, there a ton of Día de Muertos celebrations. Granted it is totally different from Halloween.

And how is "lock your doors the spooks are going to be out tonight" racist?

In the South West where a lot of Mexican-Americans reside, there a ton of Día de Muertos celebrations. Granted it is totally different from Halloween.

And how is "lock your doors the spooks are going to be out tonight" racist?

I wasn't sure... but urban dictionary tells me this:

"Disparaging term for black people; used because during afternoon hours their darker skin tone blends with the darkness of the night, leaving only the whites of their eyes visible, thus resembling a ghost.

circa mid 1900's"

whoa.

Whoever introduced me to bookdepository website, thank you thank you.  they have this cool live link showing books that were purchased from them from all over the world.  it's pretty entertaining and worth a glance.  someone in finland recently bought a book on witchcraft.  charming.

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/live

Michelle did you find the kitten yet? :/

I just came here to post the good news...she showed up scratching at the back door this afternoon! My daughter screamed at the top of her lungs "Mom, Mom Shyla's back!". I honestly didn't believe her at first and told her it was a really sick joke. No joke though. She is alive and well. Still a mytery as to how she got out in the middle of the night. So glad she's back. She got a good talking to about scaring her momma.

I wasn't sure... but urban dictionary tells me this:

"Disparaging term for black people; used because during afternoon hours their darker skin tone blends with the darkness of the night, leaving only the whites of their eyes visible, thus resembling a ghost.

circa mid 1900's"

whoa.

Ah! I've never really heard either haha maybe growing up in California had something to do with it.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic