Was? You moved?

haha yeah dude

i quit my job and moved back up north to New Hampshire in the beginning of December. It was funny when you first got in touch with me, helping me out with RSD and that you were from SA, my girlfriend  that i have now, who i met in texas, is from SA. She was pumped that you were grabbing the GIAC record for her.

I had crans but the others were new haha.

Yeaaaaah. The english/dutch mash up is so bizzare. I think I've been in regular society enough that I've dropped a lot of the terminology but it still slips some times. 

When I lived on my own, I used to make a lot of Pennsylvania Dutch meals. My roommate always would ask what I made and even something as simple as cabbage and noodles has a weird name (Graught Knuckles). 

i didnt notice much of an accent being in dallas. or any part really, even down south. 

but certain words through me off, and im sure some of mine did too. like wicked.

but they would use "sack" as bag.

grocery store - you wanna sack? 

hahaha! I've never heard sack before. 

There was an accent challenge that went around the internet before. It was pretty fun to do, I'd be interested to see how people say things. Language is pretty neat.

I live in Arlington, and I fucking hate it so much, but I live 20 or so minutes from Dallas, so that's good. But I'm still for the most part stuck in a suburb lifestyle and that sucks.

Also I'd like to say I have an "adapted accent", where I take sounds, words and pronunciation from all over and integrate it into my vocabulary I.E. "Fancy" or "Pop", but this is all subjective to the context I'm speaking in.  

The fact that you think a suburb lifestyle sucks is so ridiculous to me, you have no clue how good you have it. 

Please just appreciate that you're probably a really lucky, middle to upperclass kid with a pretty good upbringing. 

When you go to college you can go digging for a more miserable life if that's really what you want. 

I would have given up so much to have lived in a suburban area when I was younger.

Yeaaaaah. The english/dutch mash up is so bizzare. I think I've been in regular society enough that I've dropped a lot of the terminology but it still slips some times.

When I lived on my own, I used to make a lot of Pennsylvania Dutch meals. My roommate always would ask what I made and even something as simple as cabbage and noodles has a weird name (Graught Knuckles).

Graught Knuckles sounds like a band name or something.

i didnt notice much of an accent being in dallas. or any part really, even down south. 

but certain words through me off, and im sure some of mine did too. like wicked.

but they would use "sack" as bag.

grocery store - you wanna sack? 

What? Weird. I haven't heard sack.

When I visited Iowa while still living in the Beaumont area, everyone's reaction to my accent was immediate. They knew off the bat that I wasn't from around their parts.

But they all said "pop" up there for soda. Fucking weirdos. Don't they know that all soda is "coke"

Graught Knuckles sounds like a band name or something.

Seriously the weirdest name for such a simple dish. 

The best food is dutch fries though, hands down. 

Dutch friends in vinegar? hell yeah.

Also, there are three different kinds of root beer 'round these parts.

Rootbeer, birch beer, sasparilla. 

haha yeah dude

i quit my job and moved back up north to New Hampshire in the beginning of December. It was funny when you first got in touch with me, helping me out with RSD and that you were from SA, my girlfriend that i have now, who i met in texas, is from SA. She was pumped that you were grabbing the GIAC record for her.

Ah that's cool man. Yeah I didn't mind helping out and sure it scored you bonus point by getting the record.

The fact that you think a suburb lifestyle sucks is so ridiculous to me, you have no clue how good you have it. 

Please just appreciate that you're probably a really lucky, middle to upperclass kid with a pretty good upbringing. 

When you go to college you can go digging for a more miserable life if that's really what you want. 

I would have given up so much to have lived in a suburban area when I was younger.

I understand where you're coming from and I'm so glad I have a nice upbringing , it's just there's nothing to do in the suburbs it's so fucking boring, and everything's too close for public transport and too far to walk, it's a sprawl of chain everythings, filled with dull close minded people. I guess I don't like suburban "culture" for lack of a better term and you can't wonder ,and they don't have any nice things here either.

What? Weird. I haven't heard sack.

When I visited Iowa while still living in the Beaumont area, everyone's reaction to my accent was immediate. They knew off the bat that I wasn't from around their parts.

But they all said "pop" up there for soda. Fucking weirdos. Don't they know that all soda is "coke"

Do you say "Basket" or "Buggie", when referring to the contraption you carry your groceries in at market?  I've lived in texas all my life and have heard it both ways but buggie still sounds alien as hell to me.

Seriously the weirdest name for such a simple dish.

The best food is dutch fries though, hands down.

Dutch friends in vinegar? hell yeah.

Also, there are three different kinds of root beer 'round these parts.

Rootbeer, birch beer, sasparilla.

Dutch fries?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic