1. Bed time

YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!!!!!!!

If you're recommending a good show that's not what I'm looking for. Just old things with hundreds of episodes that I won't care about figuring out what I missed after falling asleep.

Yeah, I figured that was the case, but I always have to recommend Orphan Black because it's coming back in April and I can't even handle myself.

They didn't come anywhere near where I live, I cried. I still have that shirt but it's in a large from when I wasn't into tight clothes so I never wear it anymore. I'll keep it forever though.

They didn't come here either. I considered taking a road trip to Colorado to see them, but things fell through. I saw Sonic Youth a month or two after that when Mark Ibold was touring with them playing bass and inbetween one of the songs Thurston started talking about the Pavement reunion and wanted the crowd to let him know that they should have played in SLC. It was pretty funny. I ended up seeing them at Coachella though. All my idiot friends decided to skip their set and get some food instead. I was there alone, but it was completely awesome. It was a little surreal seeing them play at one of the places that essentially caused them to break up. As soon as they started playing It was one of those "I can't believe this is really happening" moments. The power to the speakers temporarily went out during Silence Kid (which I found pretty funny). Screaming the lyrics to Cut Your Hair with thousands of other people was great. I didn't want that set to end.

Is Stephen Malkmus' solo tour coming near you?

They didn't come here either. I considered taking a road trip to Colorado to see them, but things fell through. I saw Sonic Youth a month or two after that when Mark Ibold was touring with them playing bass and inbetween one of the songs Thurston started talking about the Pavement reunion and wanted the crowd to let him know that they should have played in SLC. It was pretty funny. I ended up seeing them at Coachella though. All my idiot friends decided to skip their set and get some food instead. I was there alone, but it was completely awesome. It was a little surreal seeing them play at one of the places that essentially caused them to break up. As soon as they started playing It was one of those "I can't believe this is really happening" moments. The power to the speakers temporarily went out during Silence Kid (which I found pretty funny). Screaming the lyrics to Cut Your Hair with thousands of other people was great. I didn't want that set to end.

This story reminded me of seeing Receiving End Of Sirens at Bamboozle. When I finally got into the venue, I was volunteering and the booth was right next to the stage they were playing. I said my hellos and stuff and just as I was looking over the schedule, they started playing Planning a Prison Break. I immediately turned to my boss, he nodded at me, and I threw myself into the crowd. 

I guess it reminds me because it was a serious "I can't believe this is happening" moment and I wasn't with anyone. 

I haven't checked but it probably isn't. That's super awesome that you got to see them and sing along, maybe I'll get a chance in another 10 years... ha.

Built to Spill love coming through here so I still consider myself blessed to see them every year.

My contacts are getting all wonky, so I guess it's time to call it quits.

Also, fun fact, I turn into a super sappy loving human being the later it gets into the night. 
Another good sign of when I need to call it quits. 

See ya'll in the morning when we have snow days and stuff.

Sweet dreams, butterscotch dandelions! 

They didn't come anywhere near where I live, I cried. I still have that shirt but it's in a large from when I wasn't into tight clothes so I never wear it anymore. I'll keep it forever though.

They were fucking awesome. I am still glad I didn't skip seeing them.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic