one of the newer girls here messed up a print job, and it got printed anyway. 10,000 annual reports our client can’t use. people are livid, people are crying. that’s the part of my job i find so scary!!

I was wondering what your instagram post was about.

Holy bananas, that's crazy.

TWO HOURS, EIGHTEEN MINUTES

THANX

yea, im just worried of them being fake or whatever. I'd be so pissed if i didnt get in

This is true. =\  Unfortunately I don't think there's any way to be sure.  BUT they do look legit in the image on the listing and whenever I've gone to a show and my ticket didn't scan, they just ripped the end off and let me in anyway.  & Those were from tickets that I bought myself straight from Ticketmaster.

I'm just keeping my head down, I had nothing to do with it thankfully.

I haven't messed up on that level yet, thankfully. I proofread my stuff like 5 times before I sent something to print. I still get stomach aches from it though!

designer, printer, and proofreader are all being blamed right now I think. in HUGE letters on the front it says 2014 annual report when it was supposed to say 2013.

We're working such long hours and are under so much pressure right now, I can't blame them for missing it really.

the client approved it too, but i just heard we're re-printing for free.

Ouch, if the client signed off on it technically it's on them.  However you probably don't want to lose a customer like that.

Shit happens.  Re-evaluate the Quality Check process and learn from the mistake.  Just this week a guy who runs the same machine as me screwed up 7000 Annual Truck Inspection packets.  This stuff was salvageable it just had to get opened up and have an additional form inserted but it s still like 12 hours of "rework" time. 

one of the newer girls here messed up a print job, and it got printed anyway. 10,000 annual reports our client can’t use. people are livid, people are crying. that’s the part of my job i find so scary!!

yeah, this part blows. we once f'd up a 200,000 run of something. guy got fired, needless to say.

very scary.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic