Leave it to me to do math problems at work for fun...well, it was a problem that was presented by a friend as a fun little exercise, but still. :P

10014878_537289106389636_315541160111886

Every time I see something advertising something as GMO free I crack up. 1 because it's a complete lie and 2 because the outrage over GMO is by far the dumbest thing since anti vaccinations.

I can't speak to the science, and would love if someone else would, but there are some ethical reservations in regards to GMO soybeans.

I can't speak to the science, and would love if someone else would, but there are some ethical reservations in regards to GMO soybeans.

GMO have existed forever. We as humans have been genetically modifying organisms since we first started growing crops. Is it different now than before absolutely. However everything in our lives that comes from a living organism from the food we eat to the bacteria that is used to clean our water is genetically modified. Without GMO we wouldn't be able to eat a lot of the foods for as long as we do. For example my great grandfather was a plant geneticist back in the 30-70's and is partially responsible that a lot of crops (including soybeans) can grow the way they do in Canada. Is monsanto shady, absolutely, but being afraid of GMO in general is ridiculous. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic