Taking a break from Lost ( :() to do homework. 

I felt a lot better after eating soup but now my dumb cough is back. Too bad my teacher will not accept that I'm sick as an excuse. 

Do you know what part of my assignment is? Randomly selection 100 (ONE HUNDRED) Facebook friends and creating an excel document with their age, race, etc. 

Taking a break from Lost ( :() to do homework. 

I felt a lot better after eating soup but now my dumb cough is back. Too bad my teacher will not accept that I'm sick as an excuse. 

Do you know what part of my assignment is? Randomly selection 100 (ONE HUNDRED) Facebook friends and creating an excel document with their age, race, etc. 

Are you training to work for the NSA? Jeez.

That's a strange task.  I wonder what the connection is to your major.

Easy assignment...I could knock that out in less than an hour. I almost want to say there will be some stats-type questions based on the results.

That's a strange task.  I wonder what the connection is to your major.

Easy assignment...I could knock that out in less than an hour. I almost want to say there will be some stats-type questions based on the results.

The class is Audience Metrics, we're learning how to survey people and essentially learning about why companies sell our data and stuff. Jimmy, just do my homework for me. I'm too sick for this crapola. 

The best part is though, that there are a bunch of older folk who don't really understand social media/the internet in my class. So in our discussion about wether or not it's ethical for companies to sell our data...this women had a minor meltdown. 

"I do not feel it is right for companies to make a profit off my information. Not only is it cheating me out of money but it is also invading my privacy. Furthermore, I have no idea to whom or what companies receive my information and I am not sure what information they are selling.

I don’t think it is OK for them to sell any of my data without giving me a piece of the pie. When I go to a website and they ask for my e-mail address to access the site. I just go to another site. There is lots of competition and if I need information there is normally more than one place to choose from. As a matter of fact it really upsets me to be put in a place of my data being demanded.

I might be willing to help with given certain data like the city, state, my age, race and gender because I realize this is needed to help us grow in many ways. I am not willing to give my information for them to sell and make money without sharing it me. These companies are robbing us. There is big money being paid for information and the people are being taken advantage of in many ways on the internet. It is sad. That is one of the reason I chose this industry. I hope to make it a better more profitable place for the small person that is being taken advantage of."

I opened a can of worms omggggggggg. I can't even talk about it I dunno why I just posted this I'm still a lil drunk from last night.

WHAT DID YOU DO

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic