hersheypark is the default summer job for most high schoolers around here and it is awful. i would probably melt into a puddle if i had to stand outside in the heat all day operating rides or peddling frozen lemonade and cotton candy to screaming children.

"HEY LOBSTER!!!" Tan people would say. "Haha yeah!" I would reply until I go home to weep.

I am the color of sand. I am sand.

Worked at FYE when I was in high school. It was terrible. Also worked at Six Flags for a month, and that was pretty terrible too.

i worked for a company that was a vendor inside of six flags. it was a fucking nightmare. the job itself was the worst i've ever had, but then having to do it in six flags was literal hell.

the people who run that show are about as close as you can come to nazis without having swastikas on their foreheads. and i think the only thing preventing them from going that far is their strict policy against tattoos.

Worked at FYE when I was in high school. It was terrible. Also worked at Six Flags for a month, and that was pretty terrible too.

My sister worked at FYE for a bit.  She always told me I could use her discount, but I never did due to the fact that their shit was so overpriced that after her discount it was the price I could go pay at places like best buy or circuit city (RIP).  

Working at Six flags does sound like a nightmare.

What kind of discount did you get at GC?

"Cost"...the quotes are because the cost the employees could see (and could show the customers) is actually different from the true cost that only store managers could see. It wasn't too much more, but I always thought it was kind of sketchy they did it that way. This was in 03-05 btw.

thats great to hear cat!!

i still think my best job so far has been where I got harassed my the public the most. I worked parking services while at school. I was that asshole that gave out tickets.

thanks ya!

did you ever watch this movie?

http://www.theparkinglotmovie.com/

it's pretty funny

My worst retail job was working at a fabric store. Sooooo many old ladies yelling at me for not cutting their fabric straight. And then people wanted you to design their window curtains, and make their kids Halloween costume and show them how to sew!! I had a lady freak on me for not having green zippers!!!

I kind of lost my love for sewing and it's been 8 years since I've quit.

Kind of EB Games started as the strip mall version of Electronics Boutique before rebranding

Ah, I was never really into gaming. I skateboarded instead. Really wanted to own my own skate shop, but all 3 of the local shops I would go to closed down. Between mailorder and Zumiez, local shops really took a hit.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic