Yeah, let's pretend that it's preferable to go back to jacked up heating bills, cars that don't start- or slide all over the road if they do, and none of your friends doing anything interesting at all. Yeah, that's way better than guzzling down a Mai Tai and jumping in the pool.

If you want to experience some serious heat, try Las Vegas this month.  Gets down to 90 at night.  You know... to cool off.  Hottest its ever been when I was out there was 118 a couple years ago.  No humidity though so you don't get all sweaty nasty feeling.  Humid heat is definitely the worst kind.

Yeah, let's pretend that it's preferable to go back to jacked up heating bills, cars that don't start- or slide all over the road if they do, and none of your friends doing anything interesting at all. Yeah, that's way better than guzzling down a Mai Tai and jumping in the pool.

This.  Exactly.

Back on the heat/weather topic, I'm outside for 8-10 hours a day for work and my favorite thing ever is when someone that only goes outside during the day is to get into their car and drive wherever they're going tells me "oh man, its so hot outside today, I hate it"

I definitely know a lot of people like that.

Pfft I am outside all winter. Love it

True that but I will say you can only take so many layers of clothes off but you can but as many as you need on.

also F/W Fashions > S/S Fashions

My Ascpa vans came today I'm pretty stoaked

Soooo my boss just sent out an official announcement that my work is closing after july. 

I will make less than $200 this month. 

Trying to remember to keep breathing and that this came at a good time and that everything will be okay. 

I'm struggling.

Sending you an internet hug. Things will get better; they usually do.

I definitely just realized that John Fernandes, one of the guys in The Olivia Tremor Control, Circulatory System, and a shit ton of other bands, works at Wuxtry Records. But I realized this only after he rang my records up and handed me a Cloud Recordings compilation CD, saying it was from "his record label."

It took me four years of living in Athens to make that connection. Four years. I just thought he was a super nice dude and that's why like everyone in town knows him.

Guest FREE_ATTICUS

i got banned for getting drunk before the soccer match and posting "I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN" in a bunch of threads.. not even a warning. probably mostly because i derailed the important discussions going on in the Blink 182 thread. #FreeAtticus

I definitely just realized that John Fernandes, one of the guys in The Olivia Tremor Control, Circulatory System, and a shit ton of other bands, works at Wuxtry Records. But I realized this only after he rang my records up and handed me a Cloud Recordings compilation CD, saying it was from "his record label."

It took me four years of living in Athens to make that connection. Four years. I just thought he was a super nice dude and that's why like everyone in town knows him.

that's really cool. Weren't you interning for Orange Twin? I really need to order those Gerbils albums from them. I keep forgetting to though.

that's really cool. Weren't you interning for Orange Twin? I really need to order those Gerbils albums from them. I keep forgetting to though.

I was! Unfortunately, I'm not anymore, because it was only for the duration of the school year, but it was hella fun. Andrew and Laura are super rad, too; on our last day there, they told the other intern and me that we could stop by the Orange Twin HQ whenever we wanted to, which was pretty cool of them.

I really want to find another label to intern at, or to work for, if I can swing it. Are there Atlanta-area folks with good connections? Haha

O man this album is crushing me, I love it.

Lower (A Selfish Song)

At the start, I didn’t feel low enough. Your bed was unsettling and I was always a stranger. Now I’m clawing at my arms, reminiscing to feel something. As far down as I’ve ever been and I can’t stop digging. I want to drag you down. I need you to feel low like me. Because I can’t escape, can’t stop burying. But I’ve adjusted well – I’ve come a long way from your holy place. Hiding below myself. Trying to reach hell. But now it’s cold in my bed. I’m seeking rest. I’m distant again. And it hurts to reflect past midnight in an empty, pitch-black room. The candle burned out – I can smell the smoke as I’m cringing through another painful realization, another night sorting out the truth: telling you that I loved you was just another way I disappointed you. I know that now when I think about avoiding your eyes. I just hate how we died. I didn’t say goodbye. I’m rejecting all my past standbys – no more sympathy for old lies. I’m trading “how could you” for the new: “you did what you had to do”. I lost sight. I pay the price. I’m a dying dog on his way to the shed. Staring into the sky, don’t give a fuck what’s next. I don’t care. I can’t see it.

O man this album is crushing me, I love it.

Lower (A Selfish Song)

At the start, I didn’t feel low enough. Your bed was unsettling and I was always a stranger. Now I’m clawing at my arms, reminiscing to feel something. As far down as I’ve ever been and I can’t stop digging. I want to drag you down. I need you to feel low like me. Because I can’t escape, can’t stop burying. But I’ve adjusted well – I’ve come a long way from your holy place. Hiding below myself. Trying to reach hell. But now it’s cold in my bed. I’m seeking rest. I’m distant again. And it hurts to reflect past midnight in an empty, pitch-black room. The candle burned out – I can smell the smoke as I’m cringing through another painful realization, another night sorting out the truth: telling you that I loved you was just another way I disappointed you. I know that now when I think about avoiding your eyes. I just hate how we died. I didn’t say goodbye. I’m rejecting all my past standbys – no more sympathy for old lies. I’m trading “how could you” for the new: “you did what you had to do”. I lost sight. I pay the price. I’m a dying dog on his way to the shed. Staring into the sky, don’t give a fuck what’s next. I don’t care. I can’t see it.

One of the most capturing releases of this year. I was blown away at first listen.

For the record: My Fictions-Stranger Songs

Also, Topshelf is doing a 15% off promo today for Canada Day with the code "mmmpoutine"

Sending you an internet hug. Things will get better; they usually do.

Thanks girl, I need it. 

I just found out that my two best friends from Florida just lost their dad a few hours ago, so August is going to be super emotional. 

Today has just been incredible hard and I'm left emotionally drained. 

but it's all going to get better. It's all going to be okay.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic