Yes!!!! See. Quoting flight of the conchords!! High five!! This is why you'll never get blocked from people.

Untrue, there was this guy who wanted to sell me his test press of Catch For Us the Foxes. So he volunteered to hold it for me, and I was like, "Sure." Well, I decided I would much rather have a regular colored variant, and never got back to him, because it was the furthest thing from my mind to pay $125 for a record. After all was said and done, he got pissed, and blocked the shit out of me.

got a talkin'-to at work today because of my associates snitching on me for petty bullshit. it's one thing to be annoyed about these little instances, but i can't possibly fathom what would drive them to go tattle on me about it. and i understood when my boss sat me down to address it, but it's just bothered me all day. i'm an easy-going manager who is always out to help my staff any way i can. and one of the things that came up was ultimately me saying one night "hey guys, i know it's been a tough day. but i'm not going to be in your ears about it, bugging you all night" with the expectation that they would just do their damn jobs. instead, they took it as "that's a defeatist attitude.. how am i supposed to be motivated?"

COME ON.

Just got home from the day from hell woof. Can't wait for my 3 day weekend.

Edit: it's strange that those words are reality. I never have a 3 day weekend. I work too much and too hard. I need a vacation

fuck i'm jealous. though i'm excited to just have tomorrow off after all ^ bullshit.

got a talkin'-to at work today because of my associates snitching on me for petty bullshit. it's one thing to be annoyed about these little instances, but i can't possibly fathom what would drive them to go tattle on me about it. and i understood when my boss sat me down to address it, but it's just bothered me all day. i'm an easy-going manager who is always out to help my staff any way i can. and one of the things that came up was ultimately me saying one night "hey guys, i know it's been a tough day. but i'm not going to be in your ears about it, bugging you all night" with the expectation that they would just do their damn jobs. instead, they took it as "that's a defeatist attitude.. how am i supposed to be motivated?"

COME ON.

I'm usually laid back too but my associates aren't performing as of late, so I went on a write up spree today.

I'm usually laid back too but my associates aren't performing as of late, so I went on a write up spree today.

i don't have that kind of power, but i really haven't had the opportunity to use it even if i did. last week was the first time that i sat down an associate and said "hey, we need to address some of your short-comings." and it shouldn't even have been me to do it- just got the the point where i was sick of waiting for anyone else to.

i don't know. i thought i was just on a better level with most of them, so i guess that's just more reason for me to be excited about the potential of getting out.

COME ON.

People are such asshats.

COME ON.

Boooooo. That's a real bummer :(

I was going to apply for an internship but I never saw the application deadline, which was apparently yesterday. So I missed it. Now I feel like a fucking idiot for having not seen the deadline and putting off finishing my cover letter for the past few days. That internship would have been perfect for me...

Oh well, I guess that's just how the ball bounces.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic