My renter's insurance would (hopefully) cover all my stuff. That's why I have it. For any of you out there that don't have renter's insurance...GET IT. It's not super expensive, and hopefully you'll never need it, but if you do, you'll be happy to have it!

It's only like $10-12/mo, not much at all.  My last building I lived in required it.  If you're car is broken into by your house, it covers stuff like that too.

It's only like $10-12/mo, not much at all.  My last building I lived in required it.  If you're car is broken into by your house, it covers stuff like that too.

Yup. It's seriously worth the peace of mind, just knowing that if all you stuff gets destroyed, stolen. You can get a new bed, couch, whatever you need, and probably still replace at least a large portion of your collection if you decide to.

I bought an iPhone 5 for my mom the other day and I needed to stop by the T-Mobile store to exchange the sim card for a nano sim. I tried three stores and they were all out. The girl at the third store told me that every store in the state is is out of stock right now. How does that even happen?

I bought an iPhone 5 for my mom the other day and I needed to stop by the T-Mobile store to exchange the sim card for a nano sim. I tried three stores and they were all out. The girl at the third store told me that every store in the state is is out of stock right now. How does that even happen?

Whaaaat?! That's bonkers!

Someone is probably hoarding them and selling them on ebay. Lol

Is it bad that my mind automatically goes there? I've been hurt a lot by ebay.

If I ever lose everything I own in a fire please send me records, blurays, and books. I have family and friends who I'm pretty sure wouldn't let me starve or be homeless, but is it even worth it if I don't have a dope media collection?

I've reached my quota of positive votes for the day. +1

Be sure to check your insurance policies to make sure your collection is really covered. Typical policies won't cover collections without a special rider.

That's what I've always wondered about.  I need to do some legwork and see if 1500 record collection needs separate coverage.  Finding out it isn't covered in the event that something happened would be quite the insult to injury.

For my home owner's insurance, I had to get my record collection appraised by a professional appraiser for it to be covered.

Was that expensive?

I wish I would have been more familiar with Chelsea Wolfe when I saw her the other day.  You are right Tess, she is fucking awesome.

Yeah, she's great!  I thought her live show was excellent too.  I'd love to see her again.

Also, a girl I went to high school with who is pretty much the queen of raving posted a picture of twiabp on instagram with their lyrics to Getting Sodas as the caption.  Part of me is like, that's fucking cool, and the other part of me is like WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING.

She's clearly a mega poseur bcuz she didn't even like my pic of my twiabp collection!!!  But that's okay because it's at 69 likes now which is dope.

Not really, but then I keep the receipts of what I pay and did homework for the appraisal ahead of time (cross referencing current market value of records and what not...)

I'll have to look into it.  All this discussion of disasters and home insurance makes me weary and I'd rather put in some extra effort now if it ensures that I'm covered in the future.

I'll have to look into it. All this discussion of disasters and home insurance makes me weary and I'd rather put in some extra effort now if it ensures that I'm covered in the future.

You should let us know what you find. We have photos and a google doc spreadsheet of our records but that's about it.

You should let us know what you find. We have photos and a google doc spreadsheet of our records but that's about it.

I'm planning on doing my own offsite backup (with some help from work).  But Amazon Glacier storage looks like a good one for most people - http://aws.amazon.com/glacier/

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic