I fucking hate trying to sell records.  There's so many that I want to let go of for some extra cash, but living in Canada makes it impossible.  For example, I have 2 copies of the new Prawn record, the black /100 and splatter /200.  I ended up digging the splatter, so I want to sell the black copy.  I would sell it for cost, but my cost on a $12 LP is actually $24.  And then, on top of that, it costs me $15 to ship ONE record.  It's so frustrating.  If I lived in the states, I know I could make a thread, say $20ppd, and it would be sold within a couple hours, and I'd have $17 extra bucks in my account once I ship it.

I fucking hate trying to sell records.  There's so many that I want to let go of for some extra cash, but living in Canada makes it impossible.  For example, I have 2 copies of the new Prawn record, the black /100 and splatter /200.  I ended up digging the splatter, so I want to sell the black copy.  I would sell it for cost, but my cost on a $12 LP is actually $24.  And then, on top of that, it costs me $15 to ship ONE record.  It's so frustrating.  If I lived in the states, I know I could make a thread, say $20ppd, and it would be sold within a couple hours, and I'd have $17 extra bucks in my account once I ship it.

It sucks that international postage is so expensive. What's the average cost to send a record to someone else within Canada?

I fucking hate trying to sell records. There's so many that I want to let go of for some extra cash, but living in Canada makes it impossible. For example, I have 2 copies of the new Prawn record, the black /100 and splatter /200. I ended up digging the splatter, so I want to sell the black copy. I would sell it for cost, but my cost on a $12 LP is actually $24. And then, on top of that, it costs me $15 to ship ONE record. It's so frustrating. If I lived in the states, I know I could make a thread, say $20ppd, and it would be sold within a couple hours, and I'd have $17 extra bucks in my account once I ship it.

Go across the border and ship?

Just don't say "eh?" At the Post Office or you will give yourself away.

So my dad got me an Ipad mini as a birthday present, but the thing is I don't use it... it just collects dust, would it be wrong of me to sell it?

Like I kind of want it as a game system since I wanted a 3ds more, but like, I already have a ps4, and a laptop, and let's face it mobile games suck.

It sucks that international postage is so expensive. What's the average cost to send a record to someone else within Canada?

$15 to ship a record domestically or internationally.  It's a major buzzkill haha.

Go across the border and ship?

Just don't say "eh?" At the Post Office or you will give yourself away.

All but like 2 or 3 records that I've sold on here, I have shipped from the US.  My mom is American and therefore visits family or just goes to the states at least a few times a year, usually more often during the winter, since it's so cold here.  She's usually cool with shipping a few records out for me as long as I cover the postage, obviously.  And I've actually seen Americans use "eh".  (I'm looking at you Shelby.)

And don't say you're sorry. In fact, be a pain in the ass on purpose.

Do Canadians actually say sorry more?  

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic