I wonder who the oldest current member is? I'm 31 & fuck do I feel old around this place.

Oldest current or oldest active member? I know there are some older guys who sign up, post about Beatles records, get made fun of, get pissed, and never log back in again.

I'll turn 39 in January.

Damn, I like every band you just listed but have never heard of Desert Sessions :(

Will have to check them out.

Prepare to have your mind blown.

Revolving members of multiple bands that include Homme (QOTSA), Kyuss, Brant Bjork, etc.

You'll hear a good deal of demoed QOTSA stuff along with reworked QOTSA songs. It's awesome.

My favorite is their version of Hanging Tree.

Unfortunately the original 10"s are hard to come by and even the bootlegs can be expensive.

Also, add The Eagles of Death Metal to the list.

my best friend is a lawyer and he loves writing letters. he says i have a case.

anyhow, i replied "itll get ugly because of the negative attention to your business"

nebraska. really? never again.

I had a lawyer friend type up a huge letter for a prank once. It was beautiful. I'll have to find a copy of the letter and post it here because it's a great story.

I had a lawyer friend type up a huge letter for a prank once. It was beautiful. I'll have to find a copy of the letter and post it here because it's a great story.

I'm always trying to get my lawyer friend to write letters for me but he won't. He DID say my first divorce is free so I've got that going for me :D.

Oldest current or oldest active member? I know there are some older guys who sign up, post about Beatles records, get made fun of, get pissed, and never log back in again.

I'll turn 39 in January.

I'm sorry, but that's hilarious.

I use to be a Beatles fan as a kid, but as I grew up (almost 28 now) I sort of started to dislike the Beatles. I don't know if it's cause I got sick of it from listening to it so much, learning more about Lenon's thought process, the Oko of it all, whatever it is, I don't like the Beatles at all anymore, which I myself find kind of sad cause I'm sure there are choruses, riffs, lines, I could still appreciate. They just seem to get lost in the monotony. Oh well. Maybe I'll give it another go one day. But I'm sure as hell not going to buy a Beatles record.

Happy early birthday, ya old bastard. 

I'll turn 39 in January.

I guess active, not some random peep like who you mentioned above.

Prepare to have your mind blown.

Revolving members of multiple bands that include Homme (QOTSA), Kyuss, Brant Bjork, etc.

You'll hear a good deal of demoed QOTSA stuff along with reworked QOTSA songs. It's awesome.

My favorite is their version of Hanging Tree.

Unfortunately the original 10"s are hard to come by and even the bootlegs can be expensive.

Also, add The Eagles of Death Metal to the list.

Well shit, I'm sold. I guess start with Vol. 1 & 2?

I guess active, not some random peep like who you mentioned above.

Well shit, I'm sold. I guess start with Vol. 1 & 2?

Absolutely. They have 10 volumes. Each volume is usually 4 songs. They are all good, ALL. 

Check out the contributing members: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Desert_Sessions

(Homme is on every album, and then there are TONS of guest members.)

Oh you kids these days.

It's really bad because I've always hung out with older kids growing up, my age has always been something constantly pointed out that it's made me feel like I'm perpetually 16-18. 

I still can't believe I can legally buy drinks. Blows my mind. 

People are like 'so how old are you?" and I'm like "17...no 18...no 21..."

It's really bad because I've always hung out with older kids growing up, my age has always been something constantly pointed out that it's made me feel like I'm perpetually 16-18. 

I still can't believe I can legally buy drinks. Blows my mind. 

People are like 'so how old are you?" and I'm like "17...no 18...no 21..."

At least when you're 35 you can be like "AWH fuck yeah, I'm 16, bitches!"

Thanks!!

Only two more birthday's before my doctor sticks a finger up my ass.

(without me asking for it)

When I had appendicitis the ER doctor shoved a finger up my butt with no real warning. I don't know if that's an actual test for appendicitis or not...seems like most doctors just press on your abdomen for a while. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic