No its not awesome lol. Heat exhaustion is not fun. It always ends in blacking out and the emergency room.

Me too! My first job was at Six Flags, which I'm not sure why I thought it was a good idea, and I had to quit after like a month because working outside in the summer was a huge no-no. Constantly having to stand, 1 random break in a shift, not having anyone around to get you more water... it was terrible. The day I quit I had to go to the medical area and I remember my boss giving me shit for getting heat exhaustion.

YEEEES. I'm off tomorrow so I can drive upstate to see JEW. :)

I need to convince Erik to allow me to be on the barricade lol.

Going back to Michigan tonight for my grandmas surprise 90th birthday party!! (should we really be surprising a 90 year old?) And to catch up with my Saginaw friends. Momma I'm coming home!!!

I'm a strong, independent woman who don't need no showa.

Whoop Whoop to all of the above!!! I dig it.   :D  

Also sad I missed out on the Tillamook talk yesterday. It's the only cheddar I buy becuase it's the best, and I did not know they had ice cream!!!! 

Me too! My first job was at Six Flags, which I'm not sure why I thought it was a good idea, and I had to quit after like a month because working outside in the summer was a huge no-no. Constantly having to stand, 1 random break in a shift, not having anyone around to get you more water... it was terrible. The day I quit I had to go to the medical area and I remember my boss giving me shit for getting heat exhaustion.

Oh wow that sounds awful. :( I'd imagine working there would be like working at the boardwalk in my hometown. The managers saw every kid they'd hire as disposable so they'd treat them like shit until they quit.

Whoop Whoop to all of the above!!! I dig it. :D

Also sad I missed out on the Tillamook talk yesterday. It's the only cheddar I buy becuase it's the best, and I did not know they had ice cream!!!!

there's always more time for Tillamook talk. I had no idea they made ice cream until I saw it at the factory. It was great

I just failed my first paper/anything ever in my school career and it's hitting a lot harder than I ever imagined it would.

Taking a personal day and skipping the rest of my classes to go drown myself in hot dogs, french fries and RC cola. Guidance anyone?

If you failed something, get your ass to class! :P

Nah, don't take it too hard, just learn from your mistakes and fix them for next time.

I've only ever seen their cheese here in Texas and we still don't get all the different kinds. No idea they had sour cream either. If I ever go up to Oregon I definitely have to check that place out.

At the factory they had like 15 different kinds of cheeses available to sample. I went through the line twice...

I just failed my first paper/anything ever in my school career and it's hitting a lot harder than I ever imagined it would.

Taking a personal day and skipping the rest of my classes to go drown myself in hot dogs, french fries and RC cola. Guidance anyone?

You learn more from failing than you do from passing everything.

It's better to fail the odd thing here and there now before you're out in the real world where failing could be a lot more costly.

I've learnt (or learned for you guys) more from my mistakes than I have from passing/revising anything.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic