So we have to get rid of 1 or 2 dogs on account of not being able to give them enough attention on a daily basis. I dont know if I should offer to move in with my mom & sis when they move so I can help out & potentially keep our dog(s). I really like my apartment but it will break my heart if we have to find new homes for our dogs. This whole situation fucking sucks. Any suggestions?

So we have to get rid of 1 or 2 dogs on account of not being able to give them enough attention on a daily basis. I dont know if I should offer to move in with my mom & sis when they move so I can help out & potentially keep our dog(s). I really like my apartment but it will break my heart if we have to find new homes for our dogs. This whole situation fucking sucks. Any suggestions?

:(

I am still mourning the loss of one of my dogs recently.

Do whatever you can to keep them, OR give them to someone deserving.

Giving adequate attention to some breeds is tough. I don't think that my wife and I are the best at giving the appropriate attention to our Dachshund/ Pekingese mix. I think she just lays around while we are at work and then by the time we get home we are exhausted so she lays with us then. We have made efforts to walk her more and play more, but it seems like the more we try, the more she needs. So I understand. As far as advice, I would definitely suggest at least staying for a short while at your mom's to help with the transition. Change can be stressful for dogs.

Also here is my adorably adorable (but pain in the ass) dog:

1964806_4085402029537_1435423464_n.jpg?o

her name is Symphony, but we call her "Phee" "Pheepharony" "Pheepharony-Pheepharoo" "Pheefer" "Little Shit" "Peanut Longbody" "Hey come here! Where the hell are you going? Stop! STOP!" and other names.

What a sucky situation. Can you not take a dog in your apartment or is no pets?

:(

I am still mourning the loss of one of my dogs recently.

Do whatever you can to keep them, OR give them to someone deserving.

Sorry to hear that man.

That's what I'm worried about, not knowing that if someone does take him/them, that they're going to treat him right. I hear so many horror stories of animal abuse. I feel like I'd spend the rest of my life sick to my stomach wondering if they're doing ok.

Giving adequate attention to some breeds is tough. I don't think that my wife and I are the best at giving the appropriate attention to our Dachshund/ Pekingese mix. I think she just lays around while we are at work and then by the time we get home we are exhausted so she lays with us then. We have made efforts to walk her more and play more, but it seems like the more we try, the more she needs. So I understand. As far as advice, I would definitely suggest at least staying for a short while at your mom's to help with the transition. Change can be stressful for dogs.

Our border collie is the biggest problem. He has so much pent up energy. And he also hates everyone who isnt our family. Like he would attack people he doesnt know.

What a sucky situation. Can you not take a dog in your apartment or is no pets?

Unfortunately no. I asked my landlord if there was any way, would give him extra $, etc. But he wasnt having it.

My parents shelties are all like that. Shy and lack of socialization, it doesn't really matter because they live in the middle of nowhere... Huge property and they're never taken anywhere. So they live a good life.

Usually jimmy or I are home to take care of frank but days we're busy we'll drop him at dog daycare. He gets to run and play all day and he comes home exhausted. Maybe you guys could look into something like that. Or even someone to come by and walk the dogs once a day?

If you want a breed that doesn't require a lot of attention, get a Greyhound. Those fucks don't do anything. 

Is there a dog park nearby, I don't think dogs need tons of attention or activities over the course of the day. They can get their energy out in a good park session. Otherwise, you could be looking at multiple mile+ walks daily, depending on the breed. 

So, anyone going any good concerts this year? I have 3 so far two little and one big. Hostage Calm's last show. Empire! Empire! in Feb. and Neutral Milk Hotel in April. More soon, I'm sure.

Judging by the last Histage Calm show Im guessing you're in CT?

I might try to drive out for that E!E! show...but Broken World Fest is my priority. Can't afford both I don't think.

wow. I've never met a Border Collie like that. Is he old?

He's 5 or 6. We got him from a shelter a few years ago. Had been abused & neglected (why he hates most people). I guess border collies are common with rounding up sheep in stuff so its n his nature to run a lot.

Yeah I think in that situation I'd move back for a bit and look around for something where I'm allowed pets. Then take 1 dog to make the load a bit easier.

All shitty whatever happens though. I'm sorry man!

Yeah, thats probably what I'll do.Thanks mate.

Judging by the last Histage Calm show Im guessing you're in CT?

I might try to drive out for that E!E! show...but Broken World Fest is my priority. Can't afford both I don't think.

Yessir. I live 4 miles south of New Haven. I was looking into going to BWF too. Thought it would be a good way to listen to some new bands and do fun things that people half my age are also doing. If you go to either let me know, I've always wanted to meet John McClane.

My parents shelties are all like that. Shy and lack of socialization, it doesn't really matter because they live in the middle of nowhere... Huge property and they're never taken anywhere. So they live a good life.

Usually jimmy or I are home to take care of frank but days we're busy we'll drop him at dog daycare. He gets to run and play all day and he comes home exhausted. Maybe you guys could look into something like that. Or even someone to come by and walk the dogs once a day?

Doggie daycare could work. We have a friend who stops by when he can while we're at work, but he's an older dude so its not easy for him these days.

hiring a dog walker might be an idea. if you have to give them up, maybe some family members are interested in a pet?

Not a bad idea. It just takes a loooooooooooonngg time for him to get used to someone new & we dont want him to go through that again.

He's 5 or 6. We got him from a shelter a few years ago. Had been abused & neglected (why he hates most people). I guess border collies are common with rounding up sheep in stuff so its in his nature to run a lot.

Yeah, thats probably what I'll do.Thanks mate.

Oh, that makes sense. Poor guy. I could make him love me in a day. I obsess over dogs until they try to kill me or won't leave me alone.

Oh, that makes sense. Poor guy. I could make him love me in a day. I obsess over dogs until they try to kill me or won't leave me alone.

Yeah, I used to be indifferent to animals until we started getting pets. Now I respect them more than most people.

Having feelings sucks.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic