You and me both brother.

It's been like that for me each and every damn day lately. And what really rips my ass even more is that it feels as though no one cares at all to reach out to express any concern. Not even my own family. That's what hurts the most. People are too self-involved and egocentric to even notice when someone else may be struggling with something and reach out a caring hand.

I just snapped at my friend for this the other day. I love my friends and family hard and go above and beyond for them, so to not even get a "hey man, how are you holding up losing your Grandma?" pissed me off when I was there when he lost his.

I just snapped at my friend for this the other day. I love my friends and family hard and go above and beyond for them, so to not even get a "hey man, how are you holding up losing your Grandma?" pissed me off when I was there when he lost his.

There need to be more people like you in the world. It continuously blows my mind when people can be so insensitive about the people they call their friends.

There need to be more people like you in the world. It continuously blows my mind when people can be so insensitive about the people they call their friends.

seconded! that's seriously horrible. i'm sorry your friend wasn't there for you.

i had a friend a few years ago, who i spent an entire weekend keeping company at her apartment after she and her gf broke up. a month or so after that, my aunt died very suddenly and our families were super close, so i was really bummed out for a while after. said friend gets me to go out for movies and drinks one night to cheer me up/distract me. then when i tried to open up and talk to her about it over some beers, she just started yelling at me, telling me to stop being such a downer and that i should "just get over it" because "it been like 2 weeks already". we were no longer friends after that. 

people really do suck sometimes. 

cutting my fams off completely was the best thing ever.

hard as hell. my mom still watches char 3 times a week but other than that, there is no interaction. no hanging out. no contact.

my goal is to save up and move far far away from them and pretend they never happened.

where in the hell is cheeseballz (deep)?

Wondering samesies.

I would if I could. ..

Also, I'll sleep when I die

Seriously, poke some smot, eat heartily, and drink booze, you'll pass out. I swear! I'm genuinely concerned for you.

seriously! especially after i spent an entire weekend being there for her and listening to all her lady drama. 

EGGZACTLY

seconded! that's seriously horrible. i'm sorry your friend wasn't there for you.

i had a friend a few years ago, who i spent an entire weekend keeping company at her apartment after she and her gf broke up. a month or so after that, my aunt died very suddenly and our families were super close, so i was really bummed out for a while after. said friend gets me to go out for movies and drinks one night to cheer me up/distract me. then when i tried to open up and talk to her about it over some beers, she just started yelling at me, telling me to stop being such a downer and that i should "just get over it" because "it been like 2 weeks already". we were no longer friends after that. 

people really do suck sometimes. 

WOW that is so shitty. i can't wrap my head around interactions like that. =\

when i was diagnosed with my blood disorder my one friend wanted me to go to PA for a show and i couldnt bc my dr said i wasnt allowed in cars in the event there is an accident. i told her this and she said "car accidents are overrated" ...K. this same friend stopped talking to me for over 2 years bc i got sick w my thyroid and wasn't in constant contact with her. she recently apologized to me for not talking it out with me. i told her my side of the situation and she didn't ask 1 question or comment at all about me being sick.

when i was diagnosed with my blood disorder my one friend wanted me to go to PA for a show and i couldnt bc my dr said i wasnt allowed in cars in the event there is an accident. i told her this and she said "car accidents are overrated" ...K. this same friend stopped talking to me for over 2 years bc i got sick w my thyroid and wasn't in constant contact with her. she recently apologized to me for not talking it out with me. i told her my side of the situation and she didn't ask 1 question or comment at all about me being sick.

jeez.

WOW that is so so awful. i'm sorry :(

it's truly unfortunate that you don't really know who your true friends are until these types of situations come up and you see how they handle it. 

i've pretty much given up trying to talk to most people about tough stuff.

Seriously, poke some smot, eat heartily, and drink booze, you'll pass out. I swear! I'm genuinely concerned for you.

None of that helps... all things that have been tried before.

I have been an insomniac for the bulk of my life so I am used to this. It does not make it easy, and I hate it; but that's my life haha.

WOW that is so so awful. i'm sorry :(

it's truly unfortunate that you don't really know who your true friends are until these types of situations come up and you see how they handle it. 

i've pretty much given up trying to talk to most people about tough stuff.

its really upsetting! i really only talk to you guys on here about anything real. i feel like i can't trust anyone else lol

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic