in case you were wondering, do not go into the "man advice" thread....tough crowd. buuut if you want downvotes, just say "flick the taint".

(i am fully aware the "man advice" people come into the thread, and hope they see this)

Honestly I laughed really hard when I saw your comment. I knew what you were doing. That whole convo intimidated me, so I kept my mouth shut. 

Have you guys heard of the Eaux Claires Festival? Damn. I hate festivals, but I would love to go to this one. I don't even want to think of how much tickets are going to be.

Thanks for the reminder about this.  Over the summer some of the guys who set up the local music festival were talking about this.  I know that they were pretty stoked about some of the rumors of the bands being talked about. 

I'm pretty curious about the lineup myself, not that I'd make my way over there for it.

in case you were wondering, do not go into the "man advice" thread....tough crowd. buuut if you want downvotes, just say "flick the taint".

(i am fully aware the "man advice" people come into the thread, and hope they see this)

Yeah... It's really funny to make fun of us. Thanks. I'll remember that the next time I'm being sexually harassed at work and I'll try and remember that they are only making a joke and aren't being serious. None of this stuff should be taken seriously

Very cool. It takes a lot to really piss me the fuck off but I guess that was your motive.

Thanks for the reminder about this.  Over the summer some of the guys who set up the local music festival were talking about this.  I know that they were pretty stoked about some of the rumors of the bands being talked about. 

I'm pretty curious about the lineup myself, not that I'd make my way over there for it.

I am a flight attendant and could probably find a way over there for free... So with that in mind, I almost want to. But I literally have no idea what the price point is. I am sure the line up will be great though.

Eh. I may get a little wild, anyway. My co-worker is taking call for me for most of the night. Worst case scenario: I just call my wife to pick me up.

There you go. That is the right kind of tude. ;)

Yeah... It's really funny to make fun of us. Thanks. I'll remember that the next time I'm being sexually harassed at work and I'll try and remember that they are only making a joke and aren't being serious. None of this stuff should be taken seriously

Very cool. It takes a lot to really piss me the fuck off but I guess that was your motive.

Woah.....This is scary intense. I don't think anyone thinks or said that sexual harassment isn't serious. No jokes were made towards sexual harassment, and no jokes were made towards anyone in particular. 

P.S. Don't hurt me. I am fragile. 

I downvoted you twice, the equivalent of a virtual thumbs down, you will survive.

told you i strive for perfection!

Calm down Carly Simon, wasnt trying to make fun of anyone, but if it takes a lot to piss you off and i did just that, go me!

Woah.....This is scary intense. I don't think anyone thinks or said that sexual harassment isn't serious. No jokes were made towards sexual harassment, and no jokes were made towards anyone in particular. 

some sense! ahhh cant wait to take my daughters to see spongebob tonight!

A new rival emerges.

I am a flight attendant and could probably find a way over there for free... So with that in mind, I almost want to. But I literally have no idea what the price point is. I am sure the line up will be great though.

I'll check around with a few people around here and see if anyone knows any more.  A friend of a friend, at least early on, was working with them on setting this up so if anyone should know it'd be him.  Plus a I know I'm about the only person around here that isn't a Bon Iver fanatic so I'm sure I know someone who got in on the presale tickets.

This is also not real info, but again early on I know they were talking about trying to do price points similar to what Mile of Music had, which is the local festival.  The VIP tickets for that were $150.  Eaux Claire fest will draw in larger acts but I'm going to guess the weekend pass would be somewhere in the $150 to $250 range.

dude posts some stupid comment when we’re all trying to be taken seriously and actually have a real discussion, then gets really hurt that I down voted him, makes another inane comment, and drags the drama over here to a different thread. nice job guy.

told you i strive for perfection!

Calm down Carly Simon, wasnt trying to make fun of anyone, but if it takes a lot to piss you off and i did just that, go me!

Ask the SMALLTALK people how many times I've actually gotten mad on here ?

You wanted a reaction and you got it. Why else would you have kept poking fun? You went out of your way and brought that in here.

I'm done talking about this. Some people will just never take this stuff seriously and I won't waste my time arguing

haha. bottomline, i wasnt trying to make fun of the situation, wasnt trying to make fun of anyone, wasnt trying to get upvotes or downvotes, just made a random off-color statement. that being said, you can hate me, dislike me, like me, whatever you wish to do, its no skin off my sack. I originally came here for the vinyl (obviously) but saw this thread and was like "this looks like a cool thread with decent fun people" (100 % actual thought). As i have stated before, I have 2 daughters, and I am more likely to smack a human in the face if they even wink at them wrong, so i understand. but its 2015 folks, and im surprised people get so uptight still. but since i am a decent human being and if offended anyone, my apologies because that wasnt my intentions. thats my last statement about that so...carry on folks.

I'll check around with a few people around here and see if anyone knows any more.  A friend of a friend, at least early on, was working with them on setting this up so if anyone should know it'd be him.  Plus a I know I'm about the only person around here that isn't a Bon Iver fanatic so I'm sure I know someone who got in on the presale tickets.

This is also not real info, but again early on I know they were talking about trying to do price points similar to what Mile of Music had, which is the local festival.  The VIP tickets for that were $150.  Eaux Claire fest will draw in larger acts but I'm going to guess the weekend pass would be somewhere in the $150 to $250 range.

Damn. If Tickets were really that price I would be interested. I was expecting way more. I guess we shall see. Thanks for any of the tips info you can share! I appreciate it. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic