I WOOOOOON.

I get a $250 giftcard to Gypsy Warrior which is pretty stellar. They announced it but I haven't been contacted or anything?

Also is it frowned upon to use a discount code with the contest money?

Nice! That's a large gift card!

i didnt watch the grammy but wowwwwwwww what a dick. dude needs to understand that what he thinks is good =/= good music that deserves awards.

also beck defies time. HOW.

It was joke! Sheesh.

I guess no one saw him and Taylor hi-five either?

Whilst we're on that subject, does anyone know how/why the Kardashians became rich and famous? Other than she made a "video" a few years back, where did the fame come from?!

Their father was a big shot lawyer in the 70's through the 90's - helped rep O.J., amongst others.  personal friends with o.j., naturally.  I believe he invested in property as well

Whilst we're on that subject, does anyone know how/why the Kardashians became rich and famous? Other than she made a "video" a few years back, where did the fame come from?!

I asked my boyfriend this same question the other day. He said they had $$ from Kris' first husband and gained fame for being OJ's lawyer. Kim was bff with Paris Hilton and was papped constantly. Then they had even more fame after Kris married Bruce Jenner bc he's well known in the Olympic world.

idk.

Yeah but now she's a really saavy business women along with all of her sisters. I get sooooo exhausted of people shaming her for something that happened years ago. She didn't harm anyone, so who cares.

She's continuing to make money because she's moved on personally and has learned to be an entrepreneur.

I asked my boyfriend this same question the other day. He said they had $$ from Kris' first husband and gained fame for being OJ's lawyer. Kim was bff with Paris Hilton and was papped constantly. Then they had even more fame after Kris married Bruce Jenner bc he's well known in the Olympic world.

idk.

Not to mention that at the time, late 90's into early 2000's, is when the whole reality TV and celebrity-worship started and people's obsessions on how "celebrities" live and behave was on the quick rise.

I just went back to check on what Kanye was ranting about.  If he was referring to Albums of the Year, soul/r&b/hiphop have had their fair share of winners, especially in the last 15 yrs.  Beck was beaten out for this award twice previously, although not for Sea Change. (?) 

Kanye has lost twice as well, but to Ray Charles, and Herbie Hancock.  So........

Guess who hasn't won yet.  Radiohead.

with regards to Kanye, I have always hated him. HATED. I don't think his music is all that special (the occasional song is alright). He has no place in the music industry. He has no skill/ talent (even if I'm misunderstanding him artistically). He obviously doesn't think (at all) before he acts or speaks. ANY PERSON, literally everyone (even a 3 year old from rural China) could put on the newest Beck album and at least recognize the talent involved in it. I don't listen to Beck, but I actually enjoy that record. He needs to educate himself more before he speaks up for Beyonce so much. I get it, she's popular, but Beck was making music when she was popping zits.

Caveat: that one time he said George Bush doesn't care about black people, though a little misplaced, was right on the fucking money. Even at 18 I was thinking "at least somebody said it to the world."

Bush= the only person I ever hated more than Yeezus.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic