That kinda sucks. Explain the terrible crowd thing...

Every summer, the Salt Lake City arts council puts on a concert series called the Twilight Concert Series (http://twilightconcertseries.com/schedule/). There's a show at a park in SLC every Thursday for all of July/August and it's only $5 to get in. Since the shows are so cheap, there's usually 15,000 to 45,000 people that show up, including a lot of people that are just there because they've heard a song or two on the radio. I guess It's more of a social event for them. Some shows it just brings out all the jerks that wouldn't be supporting the artist if they were coming through town and were charging full price. 

My friends and I got there early and were only a few rows back from the stage. For all of Future Islands set, and the first three songs of Beck's set, people were pretty relaxed and considerate. The fourth song Beck played was Loser, and everyone went apeshit. People started shoving their way to the front and moshing. I understand that there's a time and place for moshing, but It continued for every song the rest of the night, including the real mellow songs from Sea Change/Morning Phase. Between songs Beck would have to tell the crowd to settle down and take a few steps back so the people up front wouldn't be crushed. people would step back and right when the next song started, the shoving resumed. We ended up moving way back and the experience was better, but there were still tons of people chatting and it kind of ruined the mellow songs.

It was still a fantastic show, but it can't compare to a smaller show filled with real fans and not just teenagers that are there because there's a concert going on at a park downtown.

I've liked two of the five episodes. The other three were rubbish.

I just finished the health inspection episode. Pretty great

And the first episode when CHARLIE is eating that whole chicken on the plane whaaaaaat the......?!? I died. I DIED!! I told Tess I want that hookup on my next plane ride.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic