I'm fine with that. I guess we were just raised differently. My mother pushed us to go and live. The idea of staying one place scares me.

What do you want to do that you can't do in SC or via being more adventurous vacations?

It's just my opinion and not saying it's fact, but I tend to think it's a bit of "grass is always greener" when people say they "just have to move." Yeah, places like New York, Cali, London, Sydney are really exciting and you should see the world if you want to. You know what people in those places do? They sleep 1/3 or their time, they commute + work 1/3 of their time, they spend some time on the couch decompressing, and maybe they spend an hour a day doing something fun differently than they otherwise would. That initial excitement fades and you can see the same sites in a place in a vacation. That really worth leaving your family behind?

Took training in San Diego this year and was talking to my instructor about how beautiful the scenery was as you were driving in. He said, "yeah, it better be. Take your mortgage amount, triple it, and divide by 365 x 30 -- that's how much you are paying for that view." It's awesome, but not worth $100 a day (to me). I'd rather build wealth and retire 20-30 years earlier.

So not saying that you can't make a strong counterargument the other way, but that is where my head is at Re: Michigan vs. Everywhere Else

What do you want to do that you can't do in SC or via being more adventurous vacations?

It's just my opinion and not saying it's fact, but I tend to think it's a bit of "grass is always greener" when people say they "just have to move." Yeah, places like New York, Cali, London, Sydney are really exciting and you should see the world if you want to. You know what people in those places do? They sleep 1/3 or their time, they commute + work 1/3 of their time, they spend some time on the couch decompressing, and maybe they spend an hour a day doing something fun differently than they otherwise would. That initial excitement fades and you can see the same sites in a place in a vacation. That really worth leaving your family behind?

Took training in San Diego this year and was talking to my instructor about how beautiful the scenery was as you were driving in. He said, "yeah, it better be. Take your mortgage amount, triple it, and divide by 365 x 30 -- that's how much you are paying for that view." It's awesome, but not worth $100 a day (to me). I'd rather build wealth and retire 20-30 years earlier.

So not saying that you can't make a strong counterargument the other way, but that is where my head is at Re: Michigan vs. Everywhere Else

I'm used to a faster paced lifestyle. Im from NY originally so the slower pace of the South drives me batshit at times. The cost of living is really the only thing holding me here. I wouldnt mind retiring here but I would rather spend my working years somewhere else.

This Saturday evening, which is typically pretty lonely and boring, I chose to flip things and go out and have some beers and food at the local craft pub bar place. It's very close to my house. No regrets so far. Great beers and yummy food so far.

I facebook'd ya about some blunder that was made. I hope your night is amazing tho. Drink one for me.

I chose to move away from my family and all my friends. I left everyone I knew in Ohio and came down to Florida for a job at Disney. I found out somewhat recently two of my cousins who I am close with left northeast Ohio for jobs in Arizona. One of my younger brothers is trying to get a job in France.

I never knew I was going to end up at Disney, I am ecstatic that I am here now though. I knew during my graduate program I wanted to leave Ohio. I had no idea where I wanted to go but I wanted to branch out and see what else is out there. I was born and raised in Northeast Ohio. I still dont know why/what was driving me to leave but I did.

I chose to move away from my family and all my friends. I left everyone I knew in Ohio and came down to Florida for a job at Disney. I found out somewhat recently two of my cousins who I am close with left northeast Ohio for jobs in Arizona. One of my younger brothers is trying to get a job in France.

I never knew I was going to end up at Disney, I am ecstatic that I am here now though. I knew during my graduate program I wanted to leave Ohio. I had no idea where I wanted to go but I wanted to branch out and see what else is out there. I was born and raised in Northeast Ohio. I still dont know why/what was driving me to leave but I did.

Well, NE Ohio sucks, so no one should hold that against you. Been semi-job hunting in Austin today, but been too lazy to update my resume.

I've spent way too much time today looking at different options for restoring an old iPod. Decisions drive me crazy, even the little ones but I think Ive settled for which parts I should order.

I really should have got out and walked around today. Now Im thinking of having a second strong coffee and thats not good for boredom at all!

I'm bored. Nothing to do, again. Can't keep myself occupied, so just staring off into space and checking the internet every few minutes. Such a worthwhile life.

the stores that play by the rules and don't sell the items above a certain price sign a sheet, like a contract.  

The store I'm speaking of signed last year, and didn't this year.  I know why.  They decided to gouge a few items, like the Cake Box.  My buddy bought it, (they had two) and spent $30 more than I did, 3 hrs later.  (I got lucky and waited)

The LCD box was $15 higher than suggested at this place as well, let alone others

oh it is.  just throwing that out there. i'm just catching up on some wax that needed a playin'

I don't get the appeal of live streaming a festival / show, but I also just think live videos in general are kind of boring in general.  I always have too many new records to listen to (or old records that got shelved too early).  Not a bad problem to have :)

I don't even know who is playing this year. I'll probably sit around on contemplate life until I pass out. It's all I seem to do anymore.

Have you thought about picking up a new hobby?  Even if it's something small like trying to be a better cook or reading more.  I had a job where I had about 30-35 hours of downtime, I just had to be there.  I decided that instead of watching movies and just kind of being bored that I'd try and pick up things, so I spent a lot of time learning php/python.  That stuff isn't the most exciting thing, but I'd rather be bored and trying to better myself than be bored and not doing anything.  Just a thought though, I'm sure each person experiences and deals with boredom in a different way.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic