I was able to end my lease this month so I'm getting a months rent and security deposit back. I might use that money to make the Psycho trip. I'll talk to Melissa about it and see what we can do. I really want to go.

Woah, nice!  I'd recommend ordering tickets as soon as you know for sure.  It looks like individual day tickets are gone, don't know how long the 3 day will last.

I'm kicking around the idea of seeing Torche in Portland (7.2) and just sticking around for July 4th too.  Seems like it would be a fun weekend to hangout down there.

Dude, they only get better. Chicago is sick cause I love blues, Big Black, Husker, etc.

I grew up around D.C. so I absolutely love that one. Minor Threat is my jam.

I think you'll really enjoy the New Orleans and NYC episode the most.

Fuck, you'll love them all. WATCH THEM!

Yeah, I loved the bits about Muddy Waters and Buddy Guy. I'll be watching more tonight for sure. 

A couple weeks ago I found a first pressing of Electric Mud for $14 at Randy's. I was ecstatic. 

Woah, nice!  I'd recommend ordering tickets as soon as you know for sure.  It looks like individual day tickets are gone, don't know how long the 3 day will last.

I'm kicking around the idea of seeing Torche in Portland (7.2) and just sticking around for July 4th too.  Seems like it would be a fun weekend to hangout down there.

Will do!

And you know you'll have a place to stay if you decide to come down.

But you should come for this:

1426007870-b_wicobugaewxjr.jpg

Just watched Game of Thrones for the first time with some friends from work. I don't really get the hype.

Did you watch tonight's episode?  I don't know if this would be an easy show to jump into somewhere in the middle.  If you started at the beginning, I still remember it being a slow build and not being in love with it immediately either.  Also, a lot of shows that get this much attention probably don't live up to the hype this far in.  Is Game of Thrones a very good TV show?  Absolutely, but people build it up to levels that it most likely cannot meet.  Same thing happened with Breaking Bad.

Did you watch tonight's episode?  I don't know if this would be an easy show to jump into somewhere in the middle.  If you started at the beginning, I still remember it being a slow build and not being in love with it immediately either.  Also, a lot of shows that get this much attention probably don't live up to the hype this far in.  Is Game of Thrones a very good TV show?  Absolutely, but people build it up to levels that it most likely cannot meet.  Same thing happened with Breaking Bad.

Yeah. I watched the new episode and the one that aired before it. I understand that I'd probably be more into it if I started from the beginning though.

Yeah. I watched the new episode and the one that aired before it. I understand that I'd probably be more into it if I started from the beginning though.

I'd think so.  I imagine it would be a lot of "who's that" starting where you did.  I've watched from the beginning and read the books and I still have trouble keeping track of people.  There's a lot going on and no episode or season is really self contained to the point where it could be full enjoyed/appreciated without the context of the previous instalments (to my recollection at least).

Just watched Game of Thrones for the first time with some friends from work. I don't really get the hype.

Now I'm home watching 3rd Rock from the Sun, and it's awesome.

Game of Thrones sucks.

3rd Rock makes fun of pretty much every subject dealing with humanity, and is absolutely am amazing. Same writers did That 70s Show. So much innuendo in it. One of my absolute favorite shows.

Oh Dave, I know you don't really need it, but are you entered to win that signed test pressing giveaway about to end?

I never enter contests, but that one I entered since all you have to do is fill in a few fields. I won't win, but oh well. I don't care about test pressing. But I would love some thug autographed by them.

I recently won a signed Brian Wilson but I want this way more and only just found it today. Sorry it might be too late but for anyone wondering its a signed Foo Fighters test pressing. Ending tomorrow so that could mean 15 minutes more or less

http://www.bullmoose.com/contestentry/43

I mainly want the signatures, but would like to hear the test pressing. Probably beats the iTunes version I got because I had no money but got iTunes cards for xmas. :)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic