I don't think I'm going to go to that Red Giant interview. I have 0 desire to stay in Portland.

Even if I did get the job, it would be incredibly hard to scramble to find a place to live seeing as I only have a month left on my lease, and I wouldn't know if I get the job for another 2-3 weeks at least. Gahhhhh. Not only that it's like I have any friends to crash with while I figure shit out. I just want to be back in Richmond with my best friend already.

I need to find some random job I can do for a month before I leave. Hmmmmmm.

I don't think I'm going to go to that Red Giant interview. I have 0 desire to stay in Portland.

Even if I did get the job, it would be incredibly hard to scramble to find a place to live seeing as I only have a month left here,

and I wouldn't know if I get the job for another 2-3 weeks at least. Gahhhhh.

Mow lawns

Why para? I'd use por.

"para" is usually used "for the benefit of," kinda. It has a more direct relationship, while "por" has a more circular relationship. "Por la cena" to me, you would only use to mean "by means of." "Por la cena, no tengo hambre ya más."

But I could be wrong. Spanish has a lot of weird phrases and quirks that make no grammatical sense.

"para" is usually used "for the benefit of," kinda. It has a more direct relationship, while "por" has a more circular relationship. "Por la cena" to me, you would only use to mean "by means of." "Por la cena, no tengo hambre ya más."

Now that you put it that way it makes more sense. In all my years of Spanish, nobody has ever explained that to the class; they always just said "you just kinda know when to use it".

Now that you put it that way it makes more sense. In all my years of Spanish, nobody has ever explained that to the class; they always just said "you just kinda know when to use it".

Differentiating "por" and "para" is one of the hardest things to learn in Spanish as a non-native, hahaha. I don't think I fully grasp it yet, myself, and I've been studying for like 4-5 years now.

yeah. it's $400. and that's exactly what i meant by "buying myself a speedbox for xmas" lol

Yeah, they are not cheap.

Even if I did get the job, it would be incredibly hard to scramble to find a place to live seeing as I only have a month left on my lease, and I wouldn't know if I get the job for another 2-3 weeks at least. Gahhhhh. Not only that it's like I have any friends to crash with while I figure shit out. I just want to be back in Richmond with my best friend already.

That sorta sucks. What happened to the job you had recently? It does sound like you need to return to VA for now, but you can't really default on that last month of your rental agreement. You can always pay the last month and leave, not sure how that'd affect you or Brian though.

Ugh, I hate that. Like... They live literally an ocean apart. You really think they're gonna speak exactly the same? Lmao.

That's like saying you hate New York accents when you live in the south.. It's petty shit to bitch about

just read Ween are performing in February

Same here. On the horn to a friend about it right afterward too lol

i think we need a secret handshake. 

This is Small Talk, not the Masons...get outta here with that...lol

Subway.. I have never seen a Subway that wasn't hiring at all times of the year. Not sure if you'd even go to that level, but it's money and passes the time. I spent about a month in one during a lull between cities, and at least you get free food most of time so that helps food expense..

Subway.. I have never seen a Subway that wasn't hiring at all times of the year. Not sure if you'd even go to that level, but it's money and passes the time. I spent about a month in one during a lull between cities, and at least you get free food most of time so that helps food expense..

I've applied for like 4 jobs this last month and never got any calls back. The optimist in me wants to believe it's because I listed my experience as a manager or something and they thought I had a commitment, but otherwise I don't know. There are some really really stupid people I know who have jobs.

I've applied for like 4 jobs this last month and never got any calls back. The optimist in me wants to believe it's because I listed my experience as a manager or something and they thought I had a commitment, but otherwise I don't know. There are some really really stupid people I know who have jobs.

You will never cease to be amazed at what kind of higher paying higher level jobs are being held by totally incompetent people, all the while you struggle just to keep the ends together. Life isn't fair for sure, but it's backwards most times for a better description

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic