I have a friend who hates ATDI for personal reasons. He worked at this record store in El Paso for years, and since they were local he always promoted them as a local act and what not. Then he goes to a local show they are playing at, one of their fans tells them they are a fan and picked up their latest release at his store and Cedric says "fuck XXXX store go shop at yyyy instead" and they had been nothing but supportive of them. So to this day if you bring up ATDI/Mars Volta, it's "fuck those hacks!"

Fuckin' A. The week of 4/7 when I'll be in Boston to catch Heather Nova in one of her few U.S. shows, I'll be missing a bunch of bands playing in my town: Pearl Jam, Melvins w/ Napalm Death & Melt Banana, Milk Teeth with Citizen.

UGH.

BUT. I already my tix for Nova anyways and this is the first time she has toured the U.S. in about 17+ years.

You're missing Pearl Jam AND Melvins? You're fucking up, dude. The Melvins slay live.

You're missing Pearl Jam AND Melvins? You're fucking up, dude. The Melvins slay live.

I caught Melvins last time they came around and honestly, they let me down. They played as if going through the motions and no energy.

As for PJ. They have three other FL dates that I may and probably will still catch.

Yes, please let that damn band die already, the reunion was bad enough and a new album would just be a cash grab. I love ICO, and the first two Mars Volta albums, but let sleeping dogs lie... WTH was the issue with Antemasque? Their album sounded alright, but it's like it went nowhere and I couldn't find any real details....

I caught Melvins last time they came around and honestly, they let me down. They played as if going through the motions and no energy.

As for PJ. They have three other FL dates that I may and probably will still catch.

Really? Maybe it was the PA or acoustics? What was going on? I thought they were great last time I saw them.

And that's good. Pearl, as you know, is an institution. Definitely try to go see them.

My friend yesterday elegantly put that we are the age that we get to appreciate all these classics, and then watch them die (Lemmy, David, etc.). I know everyone in Pearl is younger, but I don't want to take the chance. Plus they slay live.

Yes, please let that damn band die already, the reunion was bad enough and a new album would just be a cash grab. I love ICO, and the first two Mars Volta albums, but let sleeping dogs lie... WTH was the issue with Antemasque? Their album sounded alright, but it's like it went nowhere and I couldn't find any real details....

I couldn't find a single interesting or memorable thing on that Antemasque. Also didn't try too hard though. Not a single person in this band released a solid album in ten years now and it seems like they all fucking hate each other. It doesn't make any sense. Except for them dollars, of course.

You couldn't pay me to sit through a pearl Jam show

Right there with ya.

I couldn't find a single interesting or memorable thing on that Antemasque. Also didn't try too hard though. Not a single person in this band released a solid album in ten years now and it seems like they all fucking hate each other. It doesn't make any sense. Except for them dollars, of course.

I really liked a couple of songs from it, probably mainly for the bass playing but I know that was Flea, so, that stands on it's own. And that one word there is the only thing I could think of myself because, like you said, aren't they all supposed to hate each other?

Really? Maybe it was the PA or acoustics? What was going on? I thought they were great last time I saw them.

And that's good. Pearl, as you know, is an institution. Definitely try to go see them.

My friend yesterday elegantly put that we are the age that we get to appreciate all these classics, and then watch them die (Lemmy, David, etc.). I know everyone in Pearl is younger, but I don't want to take the chance. Plus they slay live.

Melvins sounded great. No issues with sound. They just looked bored out of their skulls playing.

I've been a PJ fan since Ten and been seeing them live since '94. They're definitely a fave and as you said, an institution. Just like any other long-standing band, there will be those who hate on them.

This is my reasoning...

AiC was the most talented, Jerry and Layne could write a great fucking song, Layne sang his ass off, and Jerry is the best guitar player in those above bands.

Soundgarden, that voice that Chris has, I said damn...and them lyrics. Listen to temple of the dog, I love it when chris out sings Eddie.

Nirvana, meh, grohl was the best thing about that band.

Pearl Jam, Eddie = blah

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic