I worked a 16 hour shift at Hollywood video because my manager was a lying piece of shit.

My last job I started out doing 12 hour shifts, then moved to block shifts (11pm Tuesday - 7am Friday, with sleep shifts from 11pm-7am) which actually ruled. That was doing direct support with disabled individuals though, which is way the hell different than retail or IT type work

Seriously they are pressing Five Finger Death Punch? What's next the Creed and Nickelback discographies? How about P.O.D. and Limp Bizkit while we are at it? Give me a break

yeah but people like different things don't they? for example, there are still some people who like Blink 182 despite not being 15 any more. incredible right?

Been there before. Back when I worked in radio, I once worked a 530am-230am shift because a console in our FM studio fried out and we had to replace it. Being salaried is great, until it isn't.

Every story from a salaried employee sounds about like this. Most people aren't so lucky, usually making way below minimum wage because they're stackin hours.

Every story from a salaried employee sounds about like this. Most people aren't so lucky, usually making way below minimum wage because they're stackin hours.

I think it depends on the management too. My boss at the radio station hated his employees, and acted like every paycheck we cashed was a theft from his pocket, so he absolutely fucked over his salaried employees.

If my current boss offered me salary, as long as it kept me at or above what I'm averaging hourly, I'd take it in a second, because my company rules, and my boss is the shit.

Why am I not surprised? 

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/118316-po-five-finger-death-punch-american-capitalist-way-of-the-fist-war-is-the-answer/?p=2505576

Okay. Maybe religion isn't that bad after all. Remember that project I was talking about earlier? I totally got okayed to come up with a top 100 albums list which basically means i sit here and listen to a bunch of music for the next few months every second period and all I have to do is half ass a list together.

Nostalgia buys for me. I jammed the hell out of those in 7th and 8th grade before I knew better. Not buying these though because I have and never spin the ones I care about

Yeah well we all listened to at least some shitty bands back then, but have they even been around that long for it to be considered nostalgic to listen to them?

I understand you were just playing devil's advocate haha

haha, yep. I know there is a lot of interest for other bands that were big at around the same time. Didn't Alien Ant Farm, Hoobastank and POD do some big tour recently? I'd rather staple my eyes shut and pour acid into my ears

Yeah well we all listened to at least some shitty bands back then, but have they even been around that long for it to be considered nostalgic to listen to them?

haha, yep. I know there is a lot of interest for other bands that were big at around the same time. Didn't Alien Ant Farm, Hoobastank and POD do some big tour recently? I'd rather staple my eyes shut and pour acid into my ears

Eh, it was something I felt the need to own. I got them cheap used anyway.

with this huge market for "nostalgia" purchases, plus stuff like timehop and "look back" on facebook and whatnot, I'm waiting for 20 years to pass when the whole of social media implodes in a furious ball of irony for what is actually considered objectively good

I'm waiting for the point in time when the dead users on the internet out numbers the living. That sounds really interesting.

That'll probably be the first and last time I buy a record from Barnes and Noble. Crazy overpriced, except on Joy Division's Closer, which I picked up. It was only $18, cheaper than used on discogs and new on Amazon or any other store I saw it at.

Edit: No Bowie, despite the site saying they had it again. The guy said they have not had it since the weekend, and they can't even order it for me anymore since they are not sure if they'll get any copies until the repress is out.

That'll probably be the first and last time I buy a record from Barnes and Noble. Crazy overpriced, except on Joy Division's Closer, which I picked up. It was only $18, cheaper than used on discogs and new on Amazon or any other store I saw it at.

Edit: No Bowie, despite the site saying they had it again. The guy said they have not had it since the weekend, and they can't even order it for me anymore since they are not sure if they'll get any copies until the repress is out.

my sister gives me B&N giftcards every year for christmas. Their prices are pretty bad, I ended up with mewithoutyou and night school this year

my sister gives me B&N giftcards every year for christmas. Their prices are pretty bad, I ended up with mewithoutyou and night school this year

I'm actually really surprised by their selection, it was huge, but everything was $25+. I'd rather give my money to my local record store, but if I were offered giftcards I wouldn't say no.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic