gotta call wednesday night to find out if i have jury duty on the 1st. fucking NC will pay me $12 A DAY to serve for two days, then a whole $20 for 3-5...too bad i can't pay my bills right now unless i work a full 40 hour week at work. is "you will make me late paying my mortgage and give me a hit to my credit" a valid reason to get out of jury duty?

might ask for rad advice. already considering a liz lemon.

Yo how do you block people? I forgot and I'm tired of this childish bullshit.

On a PC (or Mac or whatever): go to the top right of the page and click your name to open a menu. From there, you can "manage ignore prefs" and just add usernames to the list.

It's a well accepted fact that the best drivers (from a point of view of having the fewest accidents) are the people that think a couple steps ahead, rather then reacting to what the world throws at them.

Henster, not saying your driver did anything wrong, but to use your story as a theoretical example maybe he/she could have been thinking "if I go around this turn and see headlights in my lane, I am going to swerve right. I'll end up in a ditch, but about the only thing worse than a head on collision is to drive off a cliff/bridge."

A much more practical and commonly used situation would be constantly being aware of who is behind you and on your sides on the freeway and thinking things like "if a car comes down that entrance ramp at the same time that I am driving by it, I can safely get over a lane and avoid a close call". Precomputing the situation versus having the car about to merge into you with a second or two to see if there is room in the other lane is the key.

I drive like that. "Always leave yourself an out." The part that freaks me out about my accident is that despite all of that - even being extra cautious as I was driving through a notorious intersection in Ypsilanti - I still didn't see the goober coming. I'll post the details later.

You just can't be too careful. But especially after my motorcycle safety courses, I always try to stay aware of every potential threat around the vehicle I'm driving. I get uncomfortable riding with people that I don't feel are constantly "scanning for threats."

gotta call wednesday night to find out if i have jury duty on the 1st. fucking NC will pay me $12 A DAY to serve for two days, then a whole $20 for 3-5...too bad i can't pay my bills right now unless i work a full 40 hour week at work. is "you will make me late paying my mortgage and give me a hit to my credit" a valid reason to get out of jury duty?

might ask for rad advice. already considering a liz lemon.

For the past couple of years NC has asked me to pull Jury duty, and I've been able to get out of it because of college. So who knows? You may be able to get out of it pretty easily. ("may be" being the key phrase).

For the past couple of years NC has asked me to pull Jury duty, and I've been able to get out of it because of college. So who knows? You may be able to get out of it pretty easily. ("may be" being the key phrase).

i have to call wednesday night after 5 or something to find out if i am still needed. so maybe i'll call and that will be the end of it. however, i am neeeever that lucky haha

fuckin eh guys. and henster (sorry dude don't know your real name) you have just convinced me to wear my seatbelt in the back seat at all times, because holy fuck.

ha, no worries. the names tayler. and yeah people are surprised that my injuries came from the back seat. i could have been in the front seat. there were 4 of us in the car. my buddy to my left tore his spleen (small enough to heal on its own) and broke a rip. driver tore a tendon in their knee and front passenger broke her thumb. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic