wait wut?

never been to a wedding? 

evar?

srsly. c'mon. at least one.

Noooope! My two cousins got married in the last couple of years, but I couldn't attend either.  The more recent one was in Florida and I couldn't afford to go.  The other got married on a Friday in April of 2010 as I was getting ready to graduate college and had to finish my senior thesis so I couldn't go.

My uncle just got engaged to his girlfriend of 16 years this past January, but I probably will not be invited to that wedding.  I think they are either eloping or having a small wedding vacation thing over a weekend which I won't be able to go.  They also live in Florida.

Cousins? Siblings?

Nothing?

That one friend in HS that always wanted to get married?

This is impossible.

Haha, nope!  None of my HS friends are married, my brother is a bit younger than me and doesn't really have his shit together.  He just recently got himself a girlfriend who is even younger than him, so that won't be happening anytime soon.

i had a massive collection of cards.

sold them recently for 4+k

How'd you go about selling? Piece by piece or the entire collection at once? I have quite a large collection myself and I get nothing out of them whatsoever anymore. 

I'm curious as well. Not that I would sell mine (at least for now)

I think I'm slowly getting back into collecting baseball cards. It's been pretty fun and relatively inexpensive

i used to love cards...my brother and i were nuts about it. looking up every card in the beckett. yeah 25cents!

then i got in hobby packs, dropping $35 or more on a pack with 5 cards in it. Usually guaranteed a jersey or autographed card or something better with more value of $35. i was mostly football though, still am. i ended up trading photography for cards at a collectible store in boston. ive never wanted to do so much work in my life. haha. 

today though....i still look at the card sections in walmart or target, i know they are cheap ones, but still fun.

i used to love cards...my brother and i were nuts about it. looking up every card in the beckett. yeah 25cents!

then i got in hobby packs, dropping $35 or more on a pack with 5 cards in it. Usually guaranteed a jersey or autographed card or something better with more value of $35. i was mostly football though, still am. i ended up trading photography for cards at a collectible store in boston. ive never wanted to do so much work in my life. haha. 

today though....i still look at the card sections in walmart or target, i know they are cheap ones, but still fun.

I used to love them too. Back in the 90s in my pre-teen era, I used to get a box of cards for my birthday and it was awesome. I do retail packs of Topps. Target has them on sale for 99 cents a pack right now. Just a fun thing to throw money at, even though the market for baseball cards is next to nothing. I do, however, pin up every Indians card I get in my cube at work. I also found out today that I may have a $30-50 card at home that I pulled, which is exciting

While my fiancé and I got out marriage license a same sex couple was getting their right next to us. Our county in PA was the first in the state to offer them and stood up to PA law against it. It was so inspiring to see that happen and I am so happy for them right now. Glad to see the US making some forward social progress. And really proud of the county clerk for standing up to the state. That's punk as fuck.

While my fiancé and I got out marriage license a same sex couple was getting their right next to us. Our county in PA was the first in the state to offer them and stood up to PA law against it. It was so inspiring to see that happen and I am so happy for them right now. Glad to see the US making some forward social progress. And really proud of the county clerk for standing up to the state. That's punk as fuck.

That reminds me: MN's first day of being able to wed same-sex couples is on August first. It's going to be a huge fucking party all over the state

That is incredible. I'm really glad that more and more people are in positions of power are making things happen for marriage equality.

While others.... not so much. I'm looking at you Chris Christie. Ugh.

Yeah it was pretty awesome to see. And while we were there a rep from the state was their like arguing with him and the county clerk was standing up to him and saying the law was bs and he won't enforce it. It was so inspiring to see.

I sold them as a giant lot on eBay. Pic of each one. Time consuming but worth it. A lot of 1/1 and /5's. legends. Elway. DiMaggio. Sold in 05. Lots of patched and autos

Lebron and wade rooks brought the most.

I stopped collecting sports crap. It got way too easy to obtain whatever you wanted. Decreasing value entirely.

TONIGHT WE'LL MOSH IN THE PIT OF EQUALITY!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic