was that any good? i was going to ...snag it from the internet...but everything on TPB is fake.

It was. It was really well done, I think. The fact that it's based on a true story really blew my mind.  It was really cool to get an idea for how they captured proof of spirits and demons back in the 70's.

I will admit I looked down at the floor for a good portion of it, though. I think that's a good sign.

It was. It was really well done, I think. The fact that it's based on a true story really blew my mind.  It was really cool to get an idea for how they captured proof of spirits and demons back in the 70's.

I will admit I looked down at the floor for a good portion of it, though. I think that's a good sign.

i love a good scare. just wish it wasn't so damn expensive to see a movie these days. first world problemsss

I was reading this article about motor vehicle collision injuries last week. It was talking about what causes them and how they've changed over the years. It said that first, a vehicle collides with an object. Second, your body collides with contact points in the vehicle. Third, your internal organs collide with the inside of your body, which is something I've never really considered before.

A little more than a year ago, I had my first and only serious accident. I still, oddly, think about it frequently. But ever since I read that article, I can't get the (morbid) (hilarious) image of all my internal organs slamming into the front of my body and then sloshing back as I slumped forward into my seatbelt and airbags. It's almost like a cartoon that keeps playing in my head.

These are the kind of thoughts that keep me up at night.

I still think about my only accident all the time. It was 3 years ago and I was on a race track. I was about to pass a guy at 92mph when he hit the breaks for no reason. To avoid hitting him I had to slam on my breaks. I was driving a car with out abs and my breaks locked up. I fishtailed all over the road slowing down to about 70 when I went off the road and slammed into a solid steel barrier. If I wasn't wearing my seat belt and a helmet/neck brace I would be dead right now. Any time I'm driving and have to break in a slight corner or someone breaks unexpectedly I think about that all over again. It's made me a much safer driver.

I was reading this article about motor vehicle collision injuries last week. It was talking about what causes them and how they've changed over the years. It said that first, a vehicle collides with an object. Second, your body collides with contact points in the vehicle. Third, your internal organs collide with the inside of your body, which is something I've never really considered before.

A little more than a year ago, I had my first and only serious accident. I still, oddly, think about it frequently. But ever since I read that article, I can't get the (morbid) (hilarious) image of all my internal organs slamming into the front of my body and then sloshing back as I slumped forward into my seatbelt and airbags. It's almost like a cartoon that keeps playing in my head.

These are the kind of thoughts that keep me up at night.

about 6 years ago, i was in a head on collision with a jeep in rhode island. i was in the right back seat with my seatbelt on.

we were going 35, jeep was going 45. it was on a slight left turn and had just gotten foggy out over the this small body of water. so instead of the jeep taking his turn, he went straight right into us. we were coming home from a show at the living room in providence. it was around 2am.

anyways...i had broke my sternum, bruised my heart and had internal bleeding throughout my intestines. 3 surgeries after that. i only remember being really scared because the fog came so fast and then waking up thinking i was in a dream...felt no pain for like 15 minutes. my mind was clear, but my body didnt wanna move, but i couldnt speak either, i tried but nothing was coming out. my chest started to hurt first while i was in the car. after i crawled out of the car my stomach was starting to hurt. and once in the ambulance the shaking of being in the back was really hurting my stomach. there so much more to this story. fuck this sucked.

I still think about my only accident all the time. It was 3 years ago and I was on a race track. I was about to pass a guy at 92mph when he hit the breaks for no reason. To avoid hitting him I had to slam on my breaks. I was driving a car with out abs and my breaks locked up. I fishtailed all over the road slowing down to about 70 when I went off the road and slammed into a solid steal barrier. If I wasn't wearing my seat belt and a helmet/neck brace I would be dead right now. Any time I'm driving and have to break in a slight corner or someone breaks unexpectedly I think about that all over again. It's made me a much safer driver.

i think about that stuff all the time, every time i get in the car, it flashes back. and i get very uncomfortable when im not the one driving. i was the worst backseat driver for the first few years after that. it too has made me a very cautious and safe driver 

It's a well accepted fact that the best drivers (from a point of view of having the fewest accidents) are the people that think a couple steps ahead, rather then reacting to what the world throws at them.

Henster, not saying your driver did anything wrong, but to use your story as a theoretical example maybe he/she could have been thinking "if I go around this turn and see headlights in my lane, I am going to swerve right. I'll end up in a ditch, but about the only thing worse than a head on collision is to drive off a cliff/bridge."

A much more practical and commonly used situation would be constantly being aware of who is behind you and on your sides on the freeway and thinking things like "if a car comes down that entrance ramp at the same time that I am driving by it, I can safely get over a lane and avoid a close call". Precomputing the situation versus having the car about to merge into you with a second or two to see if there is room in the other lane is the key.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic