I can't wait to get rid of O'Farrell, that apostrophe has plagued me every time I apply for a credit card, visit the DMV, go to vote... Basically anything you have to register for.

Hahaha!

My first and middle name are what plague me for every aspect of my life but my last name is just so plaaaain. If I'm going to live out my life mistaken as a male, I want to be mistaken as a male with a badass last name. 

I have to work with what I have here. haha.

I get what you are saying.

But what if someone said that marriage itself is "Old, out-dated, and antiquated tradition and way of thinking."

You may not agree with that right? Just saying, everyone has their own values of what they see as important and if someone did ask the father's permission, it doesn't mean that they are necessarily from the south with out-dated thinking.

I think it is important to just realize everyone has different opinions, you know?

On another note. Your GF's dad sounds badass. He would probably get along with my dad.

Of course everyone has different opinions, and I was giving mine. Do you think I've gone my entire life thinking people have the same ways, thoughts, perspectives, opinions as me? Haha. I wasn't saying that everyone should agree with me or will have the same thinking. I was simply stating my opinion. And marriage is old, out dated, and antiquated.As Jeff Winger once said: "'til death do us part" use to mean until you got our first cold. 

You guys, it was a fucking comparison in a joking manner about asking your significant other's Father for your s.o.'s hand in marriage. You are looking way too deep into it. Seriously.

Wasn't trying to call anyone out or piss anyone off, I just think 1950s in the South (lived in VA for 13 years) when I hear the whole hand in marriage thing. Probably in a cliche tv show way with the whole horrible fake southern accent. 

And it's interesting to talk to someone who is my Dad's age about music I listen to and him actually know who they are. I was at my local record shop and found an original pressing of Spiderland and got all stoked, as my gf is on the phone with her Dad, and he had her tell me "I love Slint!". I was taken back. 

No worries man, I get now where you're coming from.

I hope I marry someone with a cool dad. 

I think as I get older that becomes my number 1 priority. 

Also someone with a cool last name but I know that's just gonna come back and bite me. I'm gonna marry someone with an awful last name.

I see you marrying a dude with the last name Hogan. That would rule.

Of course everyone has different opinions, and I was giving mine. Do you think I've gone my entire life thinking people have the same ways, thoughts, perspectives, opinions as me? Haha. I wasn't saying that everyone should agree with me or will have the same thinking. I was simply stating my opinion. And marriage is old, out dated, and antiquated.As Jeff Winger once said: "'til death do us part" use to mean until you got our first cold. 

You guys, it was a fucking comparison in a joking manner about asking your significant other's Father for your s.o.'s hand in marriage. You are looking way too deep into it. Seriously.

Haha I just like to mess with you. You are getting all fired up. It's pretty entertaining.

Shhhhh.... There there. It is ok.

I would cry.

The guy I'm currently *interested* in now has the worst last name and I'm sad about it.

Is it Stroker? Titsball? Hooker? Chod? Mangina? McShitfuck? Can't be worse than that kid named Jesus Condom.

I met someone with the first name Gonorrhea, pronounced Ga-nor-e-ah. Biggest face palm ever.

Haha I just like to mess with you. You are getting all fired up. It's pretty entertaining.

Shhhhh.... There there. It is ok.

I always find it hilarious when person A is on one end being calm, but typing like they are slamming on their keyboard, and person B is thinking they are having a fucking conniption fit. Haha.

I'm working as I do this, talking to a VP who has no common sense. Now that is what gets me fired up. Haha. 

You introduce yourself as a doctor but you can't even listen to the IDR properly to get to the right dept.? Oh, ok, ... dentist.

Is it Stroker? Titsball? Hooker? Chod? Mangina? McShitfuck? Can't be worse than that kid named Jesus Condom.

I met someone with the first name Gonorrhea, pronounced Ga-nor-e-ah. Biggest face palm ever.

My high school boyfriend's last name was Tuttle. 

Tessa Tuttle would have been awful.

Meh. You don't have to take a dude's last name. Shit, you can change your name to whatever the hell you want really.

Yeah but that's actually one tradition I always kinda liked. 

I have a looooong time until it's something I actually have to think about though, so who knows where my views will stand then!

Would totally be okay with Stroker, Hooker, and McShitfuck. 

I always find it hilarious when person A is on one end being calm, but typing like they are slamming on their keyboard, and person B is thinking they are having a fucking conniption fit. Haha.

I'm working as I do this, talking to a VP who has no common sense. Now that is what gets me fired up. Haha. 

You introduce yourself as a doctor but you can't even listen to the IDR properly to get to the right dept.? Oh, ok, ... dentist.

That sounds annoying. Doctors can be frustrating to work with (also worst handwriting). I used to work as an admissions clerk in an ER.  

But today I am just the person who called in sick to work and is now spending their time eating mac n cheese and trolling people on the internet.

That sounds annoying. Doctors can be frustrating to work with (also worst handwriting). I used to work as an admissions clerk in an ER.  

But today I am just the person who called in sick to work and is now spending their time eating mac n cheese and trolling people on the internet.

What annoys me is when people can't listen to a simple directory.

Press 1 for this.

Press 2 for that.

Press 3 for the last thing.

"Hello. I want to speak with 1."

"This is 3. Why didn't you press 1?"

"Well the wait for 1 was longer..."

So much face palm. 

2 more days.

More.

Days.

Also, /b/ welcomes you.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread