That would be awesome! I doubt Tess would go though, as she's pretty Christian and they're the most actual satan worshipping band I know of. (I'm not super into black metal, I know a lot of them are into that shit too, I just don't listen to that stuff)

Jus talked in an interview about exhuming a body to perform rituals on it, which made me pretty mad, being a funeral director and all.

What band are you two talking about?

I'm starting to get really discouraged about being a woman in the workforce. All the problems I've been having with guys in the warehouse at this job and my old job (that I did report)... and today the owner of the company was there discussing the catalog with me blatantly looking at my boobs at and one point I walked into his daughters (my boss) office and he was looking me up and down, up and down. I actually dress nice every day and try to present myself well because I want to move up at this place but all of this just makes me want to come to work in a big sweatshirt. Which I shouldn't have to do. It's stressing me out big time.

I feel like this goes all the way back to even my first jobs. It's always been like this even when I was a dishwasher at a golf course and the cooks would say things, or a register girl at KFC where the cook tried to kiss me by the dumpster.

I'm starting to get really discouraged about being a woman in the workforce. All the problems I've been having with guys in the warehouse at this job and my old job (that I did report)... and today the owner of the company was there discussing the catalog with me blatantly looking at my boobs at and one point I walked into his daughters (my boss) office and he was looking me up and down, up and down. I actually dress nice every day and try to present myself well because I want to move up at this place but all of this just makes me want to come to work in a big sweatshirt. Which I shouldn't have to do. It's stressing me out big time.

I feel like this goes all the way back to even my first jobs. It's always been like this even when I was a dishwasher at a golf course and the cooks would say things, or a register girl at KFC where the cook tried to kiss me by the dumpster.

As a straight cis male I just want to sincerely apologize that there are so many fucking creeps out there. I've called dudes out for shit like this and it always end with "Oh come on, bro. You gay or something?"

People are trash.

WHAT THE HELL. THERE WAS A NEW BOBS AND I HAVENT WATCHED IT YET!?!

This vacation has me all crazy.

Madie, I think it's fucking bullshit that women get treated like that. I worked around several people who stare at my chest when I try and talk to them and I'll make it awkward and call them out on it. If they want to be creeps then I can publicly humiliate them.

Although I guess if it's the owner then it might be a little harder to do...

Don't put up with that at all. You don't deserve to be treated that way.

As a straight cis male I just want to sincerely apologize that there are so many fucking creeps out there. I've called dudes out for shit like this and it always end with "Oh come on, bro. You gay or something?"

People are trash.

I echo this, Madie. I bought myself a shirt for xmas that says "Feminism is the radical notion that women are people." I can't wait to educate stupid fucking dudebros.

BRUCE YES DRUNK POST WITH ME. ALSO, I LIKE SOME FOO FIGHTERS.

We love you too. :wub:

I'm out of upvotes. I always use them up on bear haha. (Not kidding. I up vote him like crazy !!)

That would be awesome! I doubt Tess would go though, as she's pretty Christian and they're the most actual satan worshipping band I know of. (I'm not super into black metal, I know a lot of them are into that shit too, I just don't listen to that stuff)

Jus talked in an interview about exhuming a body to perform rituals on it, which made me pretty mad, being a funeral director and all.

Maybe I missed it, but what band are you two talking about here?

Thanks guys :(

I don't think I'm special or beautiful or anything. I just think men get in these environments with each other and see who can top the others by saying something outrageous.

I've had one of then tell me to cover my ass up when I walk back to the warehouse. Some dude held up box straps and asked if I wanted to go to the back to be spanked. It just gets worse every day. I told my super everything but she's been gone since then.

I don't think I'm special or beautiful or anything. I just think men get in these environments with each other and see who can top the others by saying something outrageous.

I've had one of then tell me to cover my ass up when I walk back to the warehouse. Some dude held up box straps and asked if I wanted to go to the back to be spanked. It just gets worse every day. I told my super everything but she's been gone since then.

This seriously pisses me off.

Carry a knife and don't take shit from anyone.

I am so damn sorry, that is an enviorment you do not need to be in. Fuck that. All of the small talk guys and gals are gorgeous. I love all of you. This is such a nice place for me to have been accepted into. So fucking thankful to call all of you friends. Having this place to vent and rant and make conversation has helped me a lot.

Corporate Compliance exists for these situations...

And fuck these guys. No one should have to deal with this in the 21st century. Chin up Madie, you seem to have a lot going for you.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic