I'm starting to get really discouraged about being a woman in the workforce. All the problems I've been having with guys in the warehouse at this job and my old job (that I did report)... and today the owner of the company was there discussing the catalog with me blatantly looking at my boobs at and one point I walked into his daughters (my boss) office and he was looking me up and down, up and down. I actually dress nice every day and try to present myself well because I want to move up at this place but all of this just makes me want to come to work in a big sweatshirt. Which I shouldn't have to do. It's stressing me out big time.

I feel like this goes all the way back to even my first jobs. It's always been like this even when I was a dishwasher at a golf course and the cooks would say things, or a register girl at KFC where the cook tried to kiss me by the dumpster.

Good Lord!

As a straight cis male I just want to sincerely apologize that there are so many fucking creeps out there. I've called dudes out for shit like this and it always end with "Oh come on, bro. You gay or something?"

People are trash.

Fuck those people too. I have few guy friends for this very reason, they all think im "Gay" or too "Faggy". Fuck them. Garbage People. 

Thanks guys :(

I don't think I'm special or beautiful or anything. I just think men get in these environments with each other and see who can top the others by saying something outrageous.

I've had one of then tell me to cover my ass up when I walk back to the warehouse. Some dude held up box straps and asked if I wanted to go to the back to be spanked. It just gets worse every day. I told my super everything but she's been gone since then.

That's so dumb. I am so sorry that people suck and don't know how to just be human beings, because it's really not fucking cool at all. You may not be looking for advice at all but document in someway any serial type of harassment you get. HR is never on your side, they are only out to protect the company so establishing that it is a pattern is important. If joe or bob or whoever is saying these things, just make sure you note the date/time and what was said so that you establish a time line if need be. It always amazes me that stuff like this happens but all my friends who are women talk about this stuff happening all the time. I find it deplorable. I really hope it gets better!

I also can't stand the people who try to white knight those people by saying 'man what assholes they have no idea how to treat a lady, but guess who does?' they suck too and can sometime be even creepier. IDK sorry to jump on a box sometimes like bender I just want to "kill all humans" or at least reset their personalities or something. Keep on fighting the good fight. 

I don't know if this is in response to a particular thing he did or what but Im using this platform for an unpopular opinion...

FUCK Dave Grohl

I donno if I'd go that far, but he has certainly been getting on my nerves lately.

T-bones. Yeah, I'm somewhat weird about E. Wizard.

I love them, but I do still consider myself christian, (being raised that way and my feeling behind it is, "why not believe, what's it hurting?" and all religions are pretty much the same, so I figure, if there's a god, believing in any religion probably satisfies his desire).

So anywho, it's kind of tough for me to be as into them as I want to be because I think they're super awesome musically, but stuff Jus has talked about doing goes against even the ethics of my job. It's a bummer that he felt he had to violate another person's body for his religious needs, even if that person was dead.

Edit: I should also say, I'm not one of those people who just disregards science and evolution out of hand. I'm very level-headed about that sort of thing and do believe in that sort of thing.

I also can't stand the people who try to white knight those people by saying 'man what assholes they have no idea how to treat a lady, but guess who does?' they suck too and can sometime be even creepier. IDK sorry to jump on a box sometimes like bender I just want to "kill all humans" or at least reset their personalities or something. Keep on fighting the good fight.

Yeah, I never identify as a feminist when I meet a woman because there are a lot of creeps who learn the right things to say in order to make women think they're "safe." Too many creeps out there.

I donno if I'd go that far, but he has certainly been getting on my nerves lately.

T-bones. Yeah, I'm somewhat weird about E. Wizard.

I love them, but I do still consider myself christian, (being raised that way and my feeling behind it is, "why not believe, what's it hurting?" and all religions are pretty much the same, so I figure, if there's a god, believing in any religion probably satisfies his desire).

So anywho, it's kind of tough for me to be as into them as I want to be because I think they're super awesome musically, but stuff Jus has talked about doing goes against even the ethics of my job. It's a bummer that he felt he had to violate another person's body for his religious needs, even if that person was dead.

This is the double edged sword of looking into musicians personally. I have lost major respect for a few artists because of this. Teen Suicide being the best example. I'm not gonna explain this again because I have to like 2 times a month.

Also, to add on to religion and all that, I believe in the supernatural and extraterrestrials, a higher power of some kind. Not sure if it's one or various. BUT. I heavily believe in science and evolution.

I believe in ghosts even though I get laughed at and sometimes I sleep with the light on

100% serious.

Yeah, I never identify as a feminist when I meet a woman because there are a lot of creeps who learn the right things to say in order to make women think they're "safe." Too many creeps out there.

100% although I feel comfortable saying that I am a feminist. I'm watching you on TV. Die Hard. 

Also, to add on to religion and all that, I believe in the supernatural and extraterrestrials, a higher power of some kind. Not sure if it's one or various. BUT. I heavily believe in science and evolution.

Yeah on the religion front I was raised as a born again but I've been an atheist for a while. I just hate the attitude a lot of atheists have about people who believe anything. The universe is huge and there is so much shit we don't know. Now that im so far removed from my background and have regained an interest in buddism I've come to appreciate Jesus more and Christians who try to be more christ like than are worries about being pious. Always know that on this board whatever your religion I respect you and if you ever feel I've offended you in some way PM me so I can know. Hopefully Im not one THOSE atheists lol. 

100% although I feel comfortable saying that I am a feminist. I'm watching you on TV. Die Hard.

Im comfortable saying it but it can be creepy to just come out and tell women you're a feminist. Ill tell dudes straight up. Like "Im a feminist and you need to cut the Neanderthal behavior, motherfucker."

Die Hard was playing at the theater here last week and I had to miss it because the they were closed on my day off :(

Yeah on the religion front I was raised as a born again but I've been an atheist for a while. I just hate the attitude a lot of atheists have about people who believe anything. The universe is huge and there is so much shit we don't know. Now that im so far removed from my background and have regained an interest in buddism I've come to appreciate Jesus more and Christians who try to be more christ like than are worries about being pious. Always know that on this board whatever your religion I respect you and if you ever feel I've offended you in some way PM me so I can know. Hopefully Im not one THOSE atheists lol.

Thank for the advice earlier! And thank you everyone here who listened. It's nice to be able to vent.

Also, never quite read something that sums up how i feel so well! I was raised by an atheist and agnostic. I dont know a ton about religion but what I do know was forced on me by a friends dad in high school. I will say the current pope seems like a terrific guy on some levels. I just respect everyone's beleifs and ask for the same respect back.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic