A couple days ago I met with the guy that hit my old car so we could get things settled. We both decided to do it outside of insurance and he would just write me a check for the damages. The guy is in his 80s and has Parkinsons. I feel bad about the whole situation because he's pretty close with my parents, but the worst part of the whole thing is after we settled on a price, he got up and hobbled to the kitchen to get his checkbook. He then called me into the kitchen and asked me if I could write the check for him. Because of his Parkinsons, he hasn't been able to write in five years. I had to sit there and write myself a check from this man's checkbook. 

I probably shouldn't feel bad taking the money, but I really do. : (

A couple days ago I met with the guy that hit my old car so we could get things settled. We both decided to do it outside of insurance and he would just write me a check for the damages. The guy is in his 80s and has Parkinsons. I feel bad about the whole situation because he's pretty close with my parents, but the worst part of the whole thing is after we settled on a price, he got up and hobbled to the kitchen to get his checkbook. He then called me into the kitchen and asked me if I could write the check for him. Because of his Parkinsons, he hasn't been able to write in five years. I had to sit there and write myself a check from this man's checkbook. 

Meh, at least he's taking responsibility for the damage.  It could be the complete opposite.

This is really sad BUT it's just money and he's being really honest and paying for the damages he did but I can see how it made you feel bad. I felt bad just reading it. But seriously, it's just money.

Anything to do with the elderly and I get so upset. I understand why you feel bad. Ugh

I would feel exactly as you do, Jared. :( I want to cry. Perhaps the amount he gave you was less than his deductible and therefore is actually better for him? I hope?

Where's Madie to cry over old people with me?

I really do love the elderly and this upsets me loads but if he's struggle to write cheques and do the basic things, the guy really shouldn't be driving. For his own sake and everyone else on the road. It shouldn't have to take a terrible accident to stop people driving.

I hope that doesn't come across as insensitive at all :(

I really do love the elderly and this upsets me loads but if he's struggle to write cheques and do the basic things, the guy really shouldn't be driving. For his own sake and everyone else on the road. It shouldn't have to take a terrible accident to stop people driving.

I hope that doesn't come across as insensitive at all :(

Accurate, not insensitive. Poor guy :(

jimmy really only knows how to grill various meats and make eggs/bacon.

so last night I made breaded baked chicken...

I pulled it out of the oven and he says ‘why didn’t you cook it in oil?’

and I said ‘I wanted baked chicken, not fried’

he says ‘yeah, you still have to bake it in oil’

I said ‘what, you mean grease the pan?’

him: ‘no'

me: ‘you mean submerge the chicken in oil and bake it?'

him: ‘yes'

Then we eat the chicken.

I DON’T UNDERSTAND HIS LOGIC. lol

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic