I have an issue with it being green.  I mean I have no problem with green vegetables at all, I love them.  But remember that green ketchup?  My brother put that on EVERYTHING in its short lifespan and would even eat it by itself.  I think guac and other avocado things remind me too much of the green ketchup and I just can't.

What is a good thing to try to get myself used to it?  Ever since I was diagnosed with my stupid hypothyroidism I've been trying to mold my diet around what is thyroid healthy and what is not (I've had to say goodbye to strawberries, peaches, bananas, corn, broccoli, kale... basically everything I enjoy).  Avocado is thyroid healthy, but I can't get myself to like it.

I have an issue with it being green.  I mean I have no problem with green vegetables at all, I love them.  But remember that green ketchup?  My brother put that on EVERYTHING in its short lifespan and would even eat it by itself.  I think guac and other avocado things remind me too much of the green ketchup and I just can't.

What is a good thing to try to get myself used to it?  Ever since I was diagnosed with my stupid hypothyroidism I've been trying to mold my diet around what is thyroid healthy and what is not (I've had to say goodbye to strawberries, peaches, bananas, corn, broccoli, kale... basically everything I enjoy).  Avocado is thyroid healthy, but I can't get myself to like it.

You can also blend it into smoothies. Depending on what you mix it with that will cover up most of the color and the taste. It's also a good substitute for mayo on sammiches. I like to mix my avocado with a little bit of lemon or lime juice, salt, pepper and garlic powder.

Burritos! That seems like a good place to start for me, haha.  I can have lettuce, green peppers, onions, ground turkey, beans, etc, so I could definitely throw avocado in there and try it out.  When I visited my friend in San Diego two years ago, he brought us to this killer burrito place (they put POTATOES in their veggie burritos! For some reason I never get meat on my burritos except when we make them at home.) and I had guac on mine and I wasn't crazy about it, but it think now that I'm forcing myself to eat certain things I used to not enjoy (beans, onions) because it's good for my thyroid, I think I can give guac on the burrito another go and probably like it.  Thank you!

You can also blend it into smoothies. Depending on what you mix it with that will cover up most of the color and the taste. It's also a good substitute for mayo on sammiches. I like to mix my avocado with a little bit of lemon or lime juice, salt, pepper and garlic powder.

Oh that's a good idea.  Lately my smoothie game hasn't been too strong since everything I like to put in them I can no longer have.  I really dig pineapple/strawberry/peach together and now I can't have any of those fruits.

Mayo makes me physically ill, haha, so Idk how I'll fair with it on sandwiches, but I will definitely try it out.

I put my avocado on top of the burrito, not in it. I always cube it and put it in salads with some honey mustard dressing a lot. 

Sandwiches and burgers are good too. Just make sure you get a good one from the store. Over or under ripe really changes things.

Yeah I've heard that it's gotta be JUST the right amount of ripeness.  My dad seems to have a good eye for avocado so perhaps I will ask him to pick one up for me to try lol.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic