You guys were killing me with the sandwich talk yesterday so after work I grabbed so fresh pepper jack cheese, some garlic and olive oil bread and some fresh horseradish. Today for lunch I combined all that with some home made roast beef and just had one of the most amazing sandwiches Ive had in a long time. That is all.

You guys were killing me with the sandwich talk yesterday so after work I grabbed so fresh pepper jack cheese, some garlic and olive oil bread and some fresh horseradish. Today for lunch I combined all that with some home made roast beef and just had one of the most amazing sandwiches Ive had in a long time. That is all.

Wow! That sounds incredible. 

I agree!

I feel post nasal drip happening, and since my medication makes me fast for 2 hrs after I take it, I haven't eaten so it's making me nauseous on top of everything.

I think I'm going to take a 1/2 day.

That sounds terrible. You deserve the 1/2 day. Hot tea and lots of rest!

my wife is allergic to the following:

ALL fresh fruits ALL fresh vegetables.

its so weird. i have to cook her salsa in a pan before serving it to her.

Warm salsa is very delicious though. 

my wife is allergic to the following:

ALL fresh fruits ALL fresh vegetables.

its so weird. i have to cook her salsa in a pan before serving it to her.

I had no idea that existed.  I like veggies and fruit in all shapes, sizes and preparations, but kudos to you for working with that!

Warm salsa is very delicious though. 

Salsa is good no matter what the temperature, unless it is full of mango.  Then it is not so good (I like mango, just not in salsa).

The sandwich talk has gotten to me also and I cannot wait to get through today because I am making big plans to trek over to the local Italian deli in my neighborhood that has the best goddamn meatball sub ever. 

not sure if its the pollen or what, we've tried organic, non-organic, from my own garden. hopeless.

It's that pesky allergy to tree, grass, and weed pollens that explains why a carrot stick or a wedge of watermelon can become the enemy. The pollen molecules of certain trees (birch, alder, and poplar, for example) and weeds are so similar in structure to the proteins in certain raw fruits and vegetables that one of the body's natural defenses against allergens—an antibody called immunoglobulin E—can't tell the difference. When the antibody binds to the fruit or vegetable protein, anyone allergic to the similar pollens may develop an immune response that usually lasts only for a few, if uncomfortable, minutes. In rare instances, the reaction can bypass the mouth and enter the gastrointestinal tract, causing cramps and nausea.

With mild allergies, sometimes just peeling the fruit is enough to solve the problem, as most of the allergy-inducing proteins are found in the peel or skin. Ham Pong recommends placing the fruit or vegetable in the microwave for around 30 seconds—just enough time for heat to denature the proteins but not long enough to cook the fruit. He also suggests cutting the fruit and letting it sit, at which point oxidation will cause the fruits and vegetables to release digestive enzymes and break down the proteins. It's lucky for me that the offending proteins break down when cooked.

From some article. Super bummer for you but super interesting!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic