Hahaha! A verrrry serious business!

I'm not quite ready to own my own place yet, and they're extremely expensive to start up/buy an existing one. It'd run me well over half a mil to buy the place I work I'd guess, and I'd have to do everything myself for a while and live on site to get out of that hole.

I don't quite have all the connections I need to make yet either. I think I'll probably be ready to start thinking bout my own joint in about 5 years. Not monetarily, mind you, just experience-wise.

If I found a good partner I'd definitely consider it though.

I doubt we much more than break even, if that, at the prices we were charging last year.

Edit: just did a quick estimation, just including salaries and our cost for cremation, with a guess as to what our average per body was last year we earned an extra $42000, but that's not taking into account any maintenance, payments on the building, gas for cars, taxes or overtime. So...yeah, our place was probably in the red last year.

Hahaha! A verrrry serious business!

I'm not quite ready to own my own place yet, and they're extremely expensive to start up/buy an existing one. It'd run me well over half a mil to buy the place I work I'd guess, and I'd have to do everything myself for a while and live on site to get out of that hole.

I don't quite have all the connections I need to make yet either. I think I'll probably be ready to start thinking bout my own joint in about 5 years. Not monetarily, mind you, just experience-wise.

If I found a good partner I'd definitely consider it though.

I doubt we much more than break even, if that, at the prices we were charging last year.

Edit: just did a quick estimation, just including salaries and our cost for cremation, with a guess as to what our average per body was last year we earned an extra $42000, but that's not taking into account any maintenance, payments on the building, gas for cars, taxes or overtime. So...yeah, our place was probably in the red last year.

I would completely be into living at the funeral home. I always wanted to live at one... I know that is weird

Momma got 2 out of her 4 tax refunds. This was a complicated year for me to figure out because I had to file federal, Michigan, Ohio, and Columbus. Going to get a pedicure and put the rest in savings.

Momma got 2 out of her 4 tax refunds. This was a complicated year for me to figure out because I had to file federal, Michigan, Ohio, and Columbus. Going to get a pedicure and put the rest in savings.

Do you have to file separately in each state?  Florida doesn't have state tax, but when I lived in NY, I always owed on state, got money back from federal.

Yes I had to file for each state. I tried doing it myself online like I usually do but it had me owing $190 to the city of Saginaw MI and I knew that wasn't right, and my workplace has 2 addresses or something, AND my old workplace changed addresses... so I just went in and had someone prepare them for me haha. Too confusing.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic