I've had relationships where I've felt more alone being with them than without so I don't feel like getting in a relationship can really fix this. I've met most of my friends through work. I feel that most people are open to making new friends, it just takes some time to break the ice.

I know it can't, and I feel like I could be the cause of this feeling for others at this point in my life. I need to work on myself before being in a relationship.

No food talk! I have not eaten since 630 last night, so I'm starving, and I still have 30 minutes to lunch. I might go buy something in the cafeteria, because I don't feel like a peanut butter sandwich will surpress my hunger today.

Woah! Very strange indeed, but whatever makes you happy, I guess.

50274-Anna-Kendrick-cat-gif-Imgur-B8c1.g

Too cute to not post again. 

This is always wonderful.

I try not to judge.  Or think about it to much. 

I will say this, the only time I've seen my half-brother actually happy was when talking about his "girlfriend".  I just hope that she is equally happy with the arrangement.

As long as he's happy then I suppose that's a good thing. Usually in those situations it is beneficial for both parties so hopefully it works out to be the best thing for everyone. 

I know it can't, and I feel like I could be the cause of this feeling for others at this point in my life. I need to work on myself before being in a relationship.

i seem to interact with my VC friends way more than my real life friends so being on here is a great way to meet people ! I don't know if you're the type that likes to go out rather than stay in but if you're the latter, I say just stick around here and mingle. I have met tons of people from here that I feel very comfortable with and can talk about my day even though it's all long distance texting and a year ago when I joined, I never would have pictured that being a possibility. Not to mention that I was horribly depressed before I joined VC. Things can always get better !

I'm the opposite. I hate being inside, I hate not being out and hanging out with friends. I have friends, just none nearly as close as my one moving away. Plus everyone else is married, or works weird hours, so it's rare to see them. They are too different (different views, personalites, etc) to hang out with too often. I guess it's time to finally get used to not doing stuff as much. Still need to leave Ohio though.

I've been on and off this site since it started, so I know how awesome people here can be. I love it.

I'm the opposite. I hate being inside, I hate not being out and hanging out with friends. I have friends, just none nearly as close as my one moving away. Plus everyone else is married, or works weird hours, so it's rare to see them. They are too different (different views, personalites, etc) to hang out with too often. I guess it's time to finally get used to not doing stuff as much. Still need to leave Ohio though.

I've been on and off this site since it started, so I know how awesome people here can be. I love it.

I'm 30 and allllll of my friends are married and most have children which is why I don't see them that much so I definitely understand how you feel. I'm sure in a year's time you'll meet new people. Right now it may not be so great but things always change so quickly and all of it is so hard to predict. Good things will happen, just stay positive.

It has, it has. I've actually been pretty great lately. Work sucks but everything else has been awesome :) . How have u been?

Work sucks with me as well !!! I'm hoping to be down to one job by this fall and then I will be able to post a lot more and start napping more and maybe eating more !!! I still have a ton of movies and shows that I need to watch but it'll all happen soon !

I'm glad things are going well with you !

ive got absolutely no one here in houston. i love being with my girlfriend, its great and there's never a point where i wish i wasnt with her. its just weird to not have family or friends right down the street. or to bum a meal off my parents here and there and watch some netflix with them. 

im also not working and that sucks so much hahaha :(

Completely off topic, but my Banjo should arrive tomorrow.  At least hopefully.  Can't wait to start trying out a new hobby.  Never learned an instrument, and most likely won't be able to do it but fuck why not give it a go.

Gold Tone CC-50RP Cripple Creek Banjo with Resonator

Gold-Tone-CC-50RP-Cripple-Creek-Banjo-wi

Hopefully, my life long goal of turning into a character from deliverance will come true.

ive got absolutely no one here in houston. i love being with my girlfriend, its great and there's never a point where i wish i wasnt with her. its just weird to not have family or friends right down the street. or to bum a meal off my parents here and there and watch some netflix with them. 

im also not working and that sucks so much hahaha :(

this is how i felt in south carolina. i had one friend that i worked with that was also from southern california and enjoyed the same music, so we hung out, but that was about it.

not working does suck. i didn't work this summer and it was cool for a couple weeks and then it just got stressful. glad i did it to get to where am i now though.

this is how i felt in south carolina. i had one friend that i worked with that was also from southern california and enjoyed the same music, so we hung out, but that was about it.

not working does suck. i didn't work this summer and it was cool for a couple weeks and then it just got stressful. glad i did it to get to where am i now though.

yeah even my girlfriends coworkers arent hangout worthy they're friends and shit on facebook but we never do anything with them. it also sucks that everyones idea of hanging out is at bar. which is lame. i dont drink but id rather just sit at someone house while they drink beer. play some board games watch a movie. 

and yeah its wicked stressful, it keeps me up. my girlfriend is from charleston, where were you?

yeah even my girlfriends coworkers arent hangout worthy they're friends and shit on facebook but we never do anything with them. it also sucks that everyones idea of hanging out is at bar. which is lame. i dont drink but id rather just sit at someone house while they drink beer. play some board games watch a movie. 

and yeah its wicked stressful, it keeps me up. my girlfriend is from charleston, where were you?

man i used to have a group of friends in virginia that loved board games and doing shit outside and stuff like that. we would usually drink while doing these things, but that wasn't the point. i feel you. i'm trying to get some game night or something fun like that started up with some friends now.

i was in aiken (it's basically augusta, ga). i liked going to charleston. i spent 2007 there while i was in the navy. i could see myself taking a trip out there again someday. probably go there and savannah over like a week or something.

listening to circa survive albums all the way through right now

still dont really dig it

i feel like i would if there was screaming

the new one? i haven't even listened to it fully. i am so so so behind on new music. i listen to podcasts while i'm driving and it's hard to sit down with an album right now when i'm at home.

man i used to have a group of friends in virginia that loved board games and doing shit outside and stuff like that. we would usually drink while doing these things, but that wasn't the point. i feel you. i'm trying to get some game night or something fun like that started up with some friends now.

i was in aiken (it's basically augusta, ga). i liked going to charleston. i spent 2007 there while i was in the navy. i could see myself taking a trip out there again someday. probably go there and savannah over like a week or something.

haha game nights rule! my friend and his girlfriend both their families have game nights so theres always one going on. its great. playing cards against humanity with parents, oh man, the best. or people who never played. 

we also plan on heading back to charleston maybe this summer, but we are also trying to hit up CT in august. my first and only time in charleston was this january we drove from CT to TX and we stopped to see her mom. it was cool. i like that south, i dont like texas south. texas is not southern at all compared the states east of it. 

did you have boiled peanuts while you were there? we make our own now in a crockpot haha

Ugh, my day is only half over now. I have a migraine, feel super foggy headed and my allergies are starting to go crazy. I knew it was going to be a good day when I dropped a piece of bread as I was spreading the peanut butter on it onto the floor.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic