For sure man. Take whatever you can get! If you guys need any good meat I'm the butcher over at the Fred Meyer in the Hollywood district. Come on in and see me!

Oh for sure (as long as I don't have to shave). Thankfully this freelance gig I have is $20/hr under the table. So I can work half a week and get paid like I'm working a 40hr week at a normal job. It'll only last a month longer or so at the rate I'm going. We shall see. But it's money to live off while I look. Fingers crossed for something cool.

Don't talk about the soundstage man!

It's so good! It's a closed reference with the soundstage of a open reference. Swoon.

Only complaint is that the cable isn't detachable but you can't always mod it. I think I'm going to replace mine soon for a shorter, detachable cable.

Oh, did I mention the awesome soundstage? Dark treble goodness. Mmmmmmmmm.

Yeah my Sennheiser HD555s came with a super long cord and the huge 1/4 plug so I took it down to something much shorter and put a new plug on there. They are pretty old now though but I think the price went up to $150 for some reason. Closed with soundstage and dark treble are confusing to me. So not ear bleeding treble because Im not a fan of treble. My Sennheisers are good at classical and some electronica but suck at heavier rock. I read enough on head-fi to know I might not like these but maybe I will read some real quick to make sure. I did do the cheaper thing and fix up the iPod instead of getting a new DAP...

You always feel loads better for weeks afterwards. Unless you keep fucking crying which is what happens to me usually when I finally break down.

I'm hoping it was a one-time thing, but the way I've been feeling recently, it might just be the first of many. Still, it did feel really good after the fact.

Damn. Seems like A.K., Bladie, and I are reaching some crazy-ass emo points then.

I've been getting closer and closer to a breaking point and essentially been crying myself to sleep at night and even in the morning just trying to keep it together before heading into work. And even at work.

It's been a vey stressful time with work things, home stuff with the family, and then just very recently, someone who I really like as a person and friend got extremely upset at me and we haven't spoken since. And we talk on a daily basis. And for some reason, that is what is killing me the most. I guess I just feel too much and I'm too fuckin' needy. It really rips me apart when someone I care about is upset/angry with me.

Sigh.

:(

Damn. Seems like A.K., Bladie, and I are reaching some crazy-ass emo points then.

I've been getting closer and closer to a breaking point and essentially been crying myself to sleep at night and even in the morning just trying to keep it together before heading into work. And even at work.

It's been a vey stressful time with work things, home stuff with the family, and then just very recently, someone who I really like as a person and friend got extremely upset at me and we haven't spoken since. And we talk on a daily basis. And for some reason, that is what is killing me the most. I guess I just feel too much and I'm too fuckin' needy. It really rips me apart when someone I care about is upset/angry with me.

Sigh.

:(

im the same way when it comes to friends or family, i cannot say no to them and if i do, i feel so bad and i care about it so much. where because of those feelings people get upset with me. its a battle that i can never win. i wouldnt say you're needy. with this friend, with whatever you did was it intentional? i doubt it...and if it wasn't im sure talking to them at some point and clearing things up on how you didn't mean to hurt them would make peace. or maybe not even bring it up, but i'd still reach out in some small way. 

I've had a few people stop talking to me who I considered close friends and it always messed me up to think about how they can just turn off their feelings like that. I still get really upset over losing my best friend of over 10 years and she couldn't care less that I'm not in her life anymore.  It's a terrible feeling :(

I've had a few people stop talking to me who I considered close friends and it always messed me up to think about how they can just turn off their feelings like that. I still get really upset over losing my best friend of over 10 years and she couldn't care less that I'm not in her life anymore.  It's a terrible feeling :(

yeah its pretty shitty. and how fast it is too. it happens overnight. its one thing to grow apart but when they're non-existent its painful 

I feel like there is a weird bond between friends, that can go above and beyond family. Family you are forced into, but friends you pick. I think that is what makes stuff like that so much worse than family stuff. My best friend of 15 years is moving away, so I feel really odd about it. It's not like we won't talk anymore or anything, just not see each other hardly anymore, so it's been a really strange feeling. I wish him and his girlfriend the best though, since they are awesome. I'll be making a bnch of drives to Omaha if I don't move myself soon.

I hope everything gets better for you Juan, it's never fun to feel that way. We're all here for you if you need to talk.

yeah its pretty shitty. and how fast it is too. it happens overnight. its one thing to grow apart but when they're non-existent its painful 

exactly. i even tried to reach out to my ex friend on two occasions and both times she just yelled at me and blamed me. even when i suggested to put it behind us and move on. she just stopped replying both times.

That has happened to me so many times but it doesn't mean that it hurts less and less. Someone just cutting you off completely without explanation or reason and never hearing from them again is one of the worst feelings. To me, it makes it feels as lonely as you can be.

you start to feel like you're the problem. at least thats how it is for me. its important to remember those the people that walk away aren't worth being your friend. i know its hard to do - i'm currently trying to convince myself - but you cant go on thinking you're the problem when you want to make things better. thats gotta show for something, right?

you start to feel like you're the problem. at least thats how it is for me. its important to remember those the people that walk away aren't worth being your friend. i know its hard to do - i'm currently trying to convince myself - but you cant go on thinking you're the problem when you want to make things better. thats gotta show for something, right?

YES! So much of this.

It throws me on this whole trip of self-consciousness (even more so than usual) and makes feel as if I weren't good enough for them. As you said, eggie, as if I'm the problem. It's really heart-breaking and disappointing to be made feel lesser than you really are. Maybe not on purpose, but still.

And maybe I'm alone on this...probably not...but I'm so tired of having to defend how I feel and my emotions and my honesty. This is who I am. Intensely emotional and full of feels at times, yes. But it's all honest always.

YES! So much of this.

It throws me on this whole trip of self-consciousness (even more so than usual) and makes feel as if I weren't good enough for them. As you said, eggie, as if I'm the problem. It's really heart-breaking and disappointing to be made feel lesser than you really are. Maybe not on purpose, but still.

And maybe I'm alone on this...probably not...but I'm so tired of having to defend how I feel and my emotions and my honesty. This is who I am. Intensely emotional and full of feels at times, yes. But it's all honest always.

i think finding friends is a lot like finding intimate relationship partners. you gotta sift through the ones who don't work out to find the ones that do. sometimes it just surprises you at who ends up being the ones who don't work out. =\

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic