Good Morning Small Talk

I awoke 3 hrs ago to rain coming in my window.  There was a steady pour outside.  Nice strong storm.  My neighbor upstairs sometimes decides to leave their window open, which in turn causes rain to travel through the floor, and drip from the middle of my ceiling.  This has been like this for the entire time I've been here.  5 yrs.  This time, my neighbor's window was not open, which tells me it was the gutters being stuffed of shit, not clear of sticks/leaves.  

So, as I just said to my maintenance man,  the time has come for me to move on from here.  The owner of the building is well aware of the problem, and has been since I moved in, because it was here before me.  I will have a meeting set up w the owner soon.  If you can't perform a simple task of clearing a gutter, which in turn causes damage to apartments, let alone mine, then I don't believe I should have to pay any rent for a while; fuck it, for a whole year.  That shall be a fun meeting.  I have 13 vids saved on my hard drive, for this very reason.      

I am sorry folks.  Had to vent.  I don't want to go the BBB/lawyer route.  I don't have the time for it.   Just tired of the inactivity that has consistently happened w this issue

That's shitty, he's only hurting himself in the long run, since fixing water damage is not usually cheap. How hard is it to clean the damn gutters?

I think I'm getting a saliva stone :(. I get them every few years, and they fucking suck.

Jesus, just googled that. Add that to the list of things I never fucking want to get ever.

One of my girlfriends worked at a pizza place/deli and she sliced 2 pads of her fingers off. Like they came clean off and she picked them up and showed people. Still makes me shiver.

I did something similar comping with an X-Acto. Probably took about an M&M off the tip of my middle finger. Grew back though. 

I've never had an injury as bad as the other hand injury guy in here. Good luck with the the hand surgeon!

I get those all the time bc of my enlarged tonsils. They are uncomfortable for sure.

edit: jk I get tonsil stones. i thought they were the same thing.

Me and jimmy both have them, although I'm more proactive about it. I use a water pik and have a little eye dropper I clean my tonsils out with almoat every day. Gargling helps too. They're the worst.

I get those all the time bc of my enlarged tonsils. They are uncomfortable for sure.

edit: jk I get tonsil stones. i thought they were the same thing.

That does not sound very pleasant either.

Jesus, just googled that. Add that to the list of things I never fucking want to get ever.

Yeah, they suck. I have to eat a lot of sour stuff, to increase production of saliva to stop them from getting too bad.

Me and jimmy both have them, although I'm more proactive about it. I use a water pik and have a little eye dropper I clean my tonsils out with almoat every day. Gargling helps too. They're the worst.

omg i dont feel so alone anymore!!!

i dont really have a big issue with them. they seem to come out on their own for the most part. i think if i tried to watepik i'd gag myself. i can try gargling, tho. do you use salt water?

I've been working in a deli for 2 and a half years. Cut myself once. Wasn't too bad. Bled for like a day and a half, but I didn't need stitches or anything.

I cut the fuck out of the top of my hand though because I grab things out of the case with reckless abandon. Always banging my hand on corners and shit.

Saw TWIABP last night and no one moshed or even moved at all which is funny because when I saw them at Broken World Fest it was insane. My girlfriend and I were bruised for weeks. Katie recognized me and thanked me for going out to BWF, so that was cool. I've seen them so many times and it's always interesting how different crowds react. Their shows in upstate NY tend to be completely calm. Just kids nodding along. Except the one basement show where drunk horrible mosh bros were being assholes. Their CT and PA shows tend to get wild.

I haven't had tonsils in over 20 years.

omg i dont feel so alone anymore!!!

i dont really have a big issue with them. they seem to come out on their own for the most part. i think if i tried to watepik i'd gag myself. i can try gargling, tho. do you use salt water?

Yes but honestly the curved eyedropper helps more than anything!

Google’s newest experiential feat: letting you "climb" El Capitan at Yosemite. Be sure to not only scroll up, but use the mouse to pan 360 degrees.

Get ready for some sweaty palms.

https://www.google.com/maps/about/behind-the-scenes/streetview/treks/yosemite/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=hpp&utm_campaign=hpp

how does that work / whats your technique?

I fill it up with saltwater and squirt it into the little crevices in my tonsils to flush them out. I use a little flashlight and go to town. Sometimes I'll use a q-tip to push on my tonsils also. It's fascinates jimmy because he can't even really see his tonsils. I must have a weird mouth to be able to get in there like that.

Look at this, I don't contribute to small talk for months and I return and talk about gross tonsil things lol.

I fill it up with saltwater and squirt it into the little crevices in my tonsils to flush them out. I use a little flashlight and go to town. Sometimes I'll use a q-tip to push on my tonsils also. It's fascinates jimmy because he can't even really see his tonsils. I must have a weird mouth to be able to get in there like that.

Look at this, I don't contribute to small talk for months and I return and talk about gross tonsil things lol.

my ENT told me to try the qtip and i almost threw up. i dont think I can do it =\

my tonsils are stupid big bc I've had tonsillitis 10000000 times. =[ =[

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic