Is anyone pretty familiar with Austin, TX ? I am thinking of taking a train there for my vacation next month and I was wondering how easy it will be for me to get around town without a car. I've been twice but I always rode with my friends so getting to places was never an issue.

It's kind of spread out but just depends what part of the city you're staying in. Also uber is cool.

Is anyone pretty familiar with Austin, TX ? I am thinking of taking a train there for my vacation next month and I was wondering how easy it will be for me to get around town without a car. I've been twice but I always rode with my friends so getting to places was never an issue.

uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh I wish I could help you, but I'm not really that familiar with Austin. If your planning on staying downtown I am sure you will be ok. There is always uber, taxis, etc. too if you need it. 

uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh I wish I could help you, but I'm not really that familiar with Austin. If your planning on staying downtown I am sure you will be ok. There is always uber, taxis, etc. too if you need it.

I think downtown is where I would like to stay and then hit up a few of the record stores. Probably just stay 2 nights and then head back.

I think downtown is where I would like to stay and then hit up a few of the record stores. Probably just stay 2 nights and then head back.

Downtown is cool. I stay downtown when I'm there. You can walk to a lot of cool places from there and I could give you a bunch of restaurant / bar / coffee shop recommendations. :)

Went to Austin on a Greyhound and got around by walking and buses for the weekend.

Staying in a hotel in downtown helped a lot, though.

It'll be a longer train ride for you ( I don't even know if there is a train connection for you lol)

I've checked before. Train to Chicago, then Grey Hound the rest of the way. Only take like 4 days.

Lol !!!! But is it cheaper than flying ?

Not by much, and certainly not enough for the extra time wasted.

Edit: Speaking of flying, I really need to buy my ticket to fly out to Omaha next month. Still need to figure out which day is best for my friends to pick me up from the airport.

2vubg5d.png

What's not to love about three months of triple digit temperatures and no rain?

It looks like you get a break there on the 12th, it'll only be mostly sunny!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic