CTTS should be an interesting mash up. Too bad your dude doesn't like them, but just go for Caspian and then leave. Don't skip the whole show just cause of that!

If it was any other day, you bet your ass I would be attending, but Caspian is not a band he has heard or would proactively listen to, though I know he would enjoy them live.

As bummed as I am, I'd rather he drag me around to do the things he wants to do, not vice versa.

Just ditch your boyfriend, birthday schmirthday!

but this is a compelling argument. 

Pretty soon I'm going to be moving into an apartment with my girlfriend and her friend + 2 cats. I've never owned a cat before so I'm a bit nervous about my records (more than living with two females). Especially Horse the Band's Pizza EP since it's in a cardboard pizza box. Cats are fucking mischievous. I don't know what to expect.

Will probably feed them until they are fat so they can't/won't jump as high.

codeacademy.com has good introductory courses to the most common web languages.

With Design, start with type! Get a good book on it maybe. It's the backbone of design, even on the web. Maybe especially on the web.

Any specific books you'd recommend? I might head to the library in a couple days and see what they have available on the subject.

If you're not sure what you want to end up doing (web, app, game, software development) don't worry too much about which language you should learn and pick one and give it a try. C is the lowest(?) level, closer to computer language and I think Ruby is the highest level closer to human language. They all have pros and cons so there isn't a holy grail of languages.

Play the game Code Combat.

If you want, I can hook you up with my text books from this semester. I have HTML & CSS Comprehensive and Photoshop: The Missing Manual. I have a Dreamweaver book too if you want it.

I appreciate it. I don't think I'd feel good about taking your textbooks though. They're expensive!

I'll teach you all the Adobe products you want to know Jared, should you choose. That goes for anyone in here really.

Thanks Jefferson. I'll keep that in mind.

Morning guys! Today there's a 10h drive to Poland ahead of me. OFF-Festival once again! Still the best reason to visit that beautiful country.

Nice, enjoy!

I appreciate it. I don't think I'd feel good about taking your textbooks though. They're expensive!

I will probably never touch them again. Happy to give them to another home for learnin's. Offer is still on the table.

Check out Smashing Books and A Book Apart.

I can't speak for any of them but I see them talked about everywhere.

Of course my new amp is out for delivery today, the day when no one I know is home to go to my house to pick it up. Hopefully it does not get stolen off my porch. I'm also hoping UPS is smart and puts it in the back of the house.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic