I pay a lot less per month in mortgage, than I would for renting a house up here.

I thought we'd be able to pay less owning a home too, but property taxes here are like 300 a month.

For a house you're really lucky to pay under $250,000 for just about anything. We get a good deal on our rent and only pay about $1100/mo for ~1000sq ft

Gotcha. Yeah that's still pretty pricy. My roommates and I have an insane deal on our 2 bedroom apt and pay $1900. I can't tell you how lucky we are.

A one bedroom here can easily be $3000 and anything bigger you're looking at $4000 plus.

To buy homes....Tiny homes they are..single family homes / condos. Are usually around a million. You would have to venture across the bay to get anything below $600,000. Home ownership in the city is kind of a pipe dream.

Gotcha. Yeah that's still pretty pricy. My roommates and I have an insane deal on our 2 bedroom apt and pay $1900. I can't tell you how lucky we are.

A one bedroom here can easily be $3000 and anything bigger you're looking at $4000 plus.

To buy homes....Tiny homes they are..single family homes / condos. Are usually around a million. You would have to venture across the bay to get anything below $600,000. Home ownership in the city is kind of a pipe dream.

Woof!

Yeah, my girlfriend back home in Michigan pays like 50 a month. I miss you and your cheap housing Michigan.

Yeah, taxes can get expensive. I pay $550/month for mortgage and taxes for a 1201 sq foot house. It's 2 bedroom and one bath, and I use the attic as a 3rd bedroom (it's a cape cod so the upstairs is one big room). I think it was $65k, but it was a foreclosure, and I have put about $12k into it. Hopefully I can make around ~100k off of it.

Edit: Only shitty thing here is out water bills are insanely high due to EPA fees for our shit sewer systems. My bill this month is $67 for one person, 90% of the bill is EPA fees. The city has a multiple billion dollar plan to improve them, which is passed onto us.

Yeah, taxes can get expensive. I pay $550/month for mortgage and taxes for a 1201 sq foot house. It's 2 bedroom and one bath, and I use the attic as a 3rd bedroom (it's a cape cod so the upstairs is one big room). I think it was $65k, but it was a foreclosure, and I have put about $12k into it. Hopefully I can make around ~100k off of it.

Edit: Only shitty thing here is out water bills are insanely high due to EPA fees for our shit sewer systems. My bill this month is $67 for one person, 90% of the bill is EPA fees. The city has a multiple billion dollar plan to improve them, which is passed onto us.

I'm obsessed with people who buy fixer uppers! Anywhere I can see pictures?

And yeah I feel it! This one house I was interested in had an extra 80/month flood insurance because of a small creek that was behind the house. So many hidden little fees.

I'm obsessed with people who buy fixer uppers! Anywhere I can see pictures?

And yeah I feel it! This one house I was interested in had an extra 80/month flood insurance because of a small creek that was behind the house. So many hidden little fees.

I do not have any pictures unfortunately. I wish I did, since I did a lot of work with my dad on it. I really want to redo the bathroom, but it's kinda hard to do when there is only one in the house.

That $60 box deal?

I wasn't impressed by the first track. I think all I need is their first 4 albums. Everything after that is just meh.

Yeah, I passed on the box too. Haven't been into Coheed for a long time now. I really just enjoy their first two albums. BF in High School got me super into them, then we broke up and was like, "meh".  Still jam those first two, and have mucho respect for the band. 

Had a feeling you'd say something like that. Last I checked, though, "Lonely As You" was incomplete. This is the first I've ever seen the demo in full. Not too sure about the others.

I'm pretty sure that might be the only difference of mine and the new leak. I'll have to check when I get home. 

That $60 box deal?

I wasn't impressed by the first track. I think all I need is their first 4 albums. Everything after that is just meh.

Agreed. I dig the first tune they released for it. It's a pretty good pop song. I'll wait for a vinyl press. $60 for a box set with only a 7"? Nahh. Now I want to go listen to SSTB.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic