I wonder how much money I'll need for my Omaha trip. There are apparently a ton of records stores out there, so I'm excited to do some digging. My bills this pay are going to be super cheap. I'm debating getting a new TT this pay, but might have to wait because I need money for my trip. I'm certainly going to buy a RCM though.

I wonder how much money I'll need for my Omaha trip. There are apparently a ton of records stores out there, so I'm excited to do some digging. My bills this pay are going to be super cheap. I'm debating getting a new TT this pay, but might have to wait because I need money for my trip. I'm certainly going to buy a RCM though.

I'm thinking how much money I should set aside for my RVA trip. I am spending $90 on that Numero sale, then doing some hunting this weekend, as well as another Caspian Dust copy, and a few Caspian represses. Haha. Busy weekend. So I'm thinking I'm going to get my speakers and amp next paycheck since this check is a rent check. Haha. I'm guessing $500 should be more than enough for record hunting I'll do in Richmond. Odds are I'll save most of it for the equipment. Haha. 

I'm thinking how much money I should set aside for my RVA trip. I am spending $90 on that Numero sale, then doing some hunting this weekend, as well as another Caspian Dust copy, and a few Caspian represses. Haha. Busy weekend. So I'm thinking I'm going to get my speakers and amp next paycheck since this check is a rent check. Haha. I'm guessing $500 should be more than enough for record hunting I'll do in Richmond. Odds are I'll save most of it for the equipment. Haha. 

That's sorta my plan too, take $500 but only spend what I need and maybe a few records and use the rest for equipment when I'm back. I'll only be there 6 days, so $500 should be way over budget.

That's sorta my plan too, take $500 but only spend what I need and maybe a few records and use the rest for equipment when I'm back. I'll only be there 6 days, so $500 should be way over budget.

Always good to have more and spend less than the other way around haha. I doubt I'll even spend $150 on records there. Plus i don't like to fly with too many. So that limits it. 

I was curious and worried about flying back with records, so might just mail them to myself. I don't know though, since I've never done it. It'll have to depend on how many I buy I guess. I doubt I'll even spend $150 on records, but I guess we'll see. As much as new equipment would be awesome right now, it'll be even better to see my friends and hang out somewhere new. The break from work will be awesome too.

I was curious and worried about flying back with records, so might just mail them to myself. I don't know though, since I've never done it. It'll have to depend on how many I buy I guess. I doubt I'll even spend $150 on records, but I guess we'll see. As much as new equipment would be awesome right now, it'll be even better to see my friends and hang out somewhere new. The break from work will be awesome too.

The few times I've traveled to either Boston or Chicago and happen to go record shopping or grab records at any shows, I mail them out to myself so I won't have to lug them around the airplane with me.

The few times I've traveled to either Boston or Chicago and happen to go record shopping or grab records at any shows, I mail them out to myself so I won't have to lug them around the airplane with me.

I have a backpack that can fit records, about 15 or so. If they are in mailers about 5. So I usually just take that backpack with me, as well as another small bag and shift the contents of the backpack to the to other bag. Then I have room in my backpack for my records that I use as carry on. Seems to work pretty well. 

I'm only taking clothes and my laptop, so I should be able to carry on all my bags (hopefully). I might take a mailer or two to mail my records back to myself if need be. I'll have to see how full my bag is when it's ready to go.

I'm only taking clothes and my laptop, so I should be able to carry on all my bags (hopefully). I might take a mailer or two to mail my records back to myself if need be. I'll have to see how full my bag is when it's ready to go.

I'd recommend taking a toothbrush & toothpaste also. Ya never know when you'll meet a super awesome lady.

I'd recommend taking a toothbrush & toothpaste also. Ya never know when you'll meet a super awesome lady.

I planned on that too, but it does not really take up space in my bag. There is no way I could go 6 days without brushing my teeth, even not doing it twice a day makes my teeth feel like shit.

I planned on that too, but it does not really take up space in my bag. There is no way I could go 6 days without brushing my teeth, even not doing it twice a day makes my teeth feel like shit.

Ha, good point. Oh jesus, not brushing teeth for 6 days would be unbearable. Yeah at least twice a day for sure. Otherwise...

bad-breath-o.gif

Omaha really has some decent record stores? that's not to far from me (visit Nebraska billboard).

I'll take the fam up. drop them off at the zoo and then take off.

I'll let you know once I'm back. My friend said there is a ton, or at least was when she lived out there 5 or 6 years ago.

Ha, good point. Oh jesus, not brushing teeth for 6 days would be unbearable. Yeah at least twice a day for sure. Otherwise...

bad-breath-o.gif

I can't even imagine how bad it'd be.

I always pack super light. I'll be there a few nights so I'm taking a couple tshirts and pairs of boxers, along with the clothes I'm wearing and toiletries. That's it. (Be using my DAP and headphones of course, but that's on my person. Easy.)

Omaha really has some decent record stores? that's not to far from me (visit Nebraska billboard).

I'll take the fam up. drop them off at the zoo and then take off.

That's the way to do it. We should fly out somewhere one day, a place that has killer shops, and make a vacation out of record hunting. 

That's the way to do it. We should fly out somewhere one day, a place that has killer shops, and make a vacation out of record hunting. 

and create an app that details each store we've been to, things near-by and other cool gems. (im serious)

Tina's store in OK has some awesome shit. im sure theres a ton out near me that are right under my nose.

That'd be awesome. Portland seems like it should have a ton of awesome stores. Austin as well. Northeast Ohio has a few, one here in Akron, 2 or 3 in Kent and a bunch in the Cleveland area.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic