Some crazy people like the mornings though. I like being up until 4 or 5 am, so I guess I also sort like the mornings since I'm usually still up. I should try to start drinking coffee, maybe it'd help, but I hate the taste so much. It also makes me shit like an hour after I drink it.

I am certainly one of those morning lovers, but the word itself is like a curse when some people hear it lol. I've always liked coffee thanks to my grandmother giving it to me when I was little, so it was like a kinda club or something I had with her. Now, I will not disagree by any measure about it's effects on the tummy, it's the same for me, but not bad enough to keep me from drinking it. The jitters is what I can't take, but I found out a few months ago that darker coffee has less caffeine so now I have usually 5-6 cups a day with no jitters ever..

I know. Kills my sleep schedule for the weekend too. I can't sleep past 6-6:30, and that sucks. I miss sleeping late.

For some reason I always revert back to high school sleep schedule on weekends. Makes Mondays a little wonky but its cool watching the sunrise on the weekends. Then going to bed.

I used to work until eight or nine at night, and those were the worst days.

I feel you there. I spent many a year working in the pizza industry so I have many many 1am-2am-3am home arrival times. Being a general manager was the worst though, minimum of 50 hours weekly and no less than 5 days...Usually turned into nearly 70 hours a week and most times i was at my store every single day for something or another. Salaried too, so my assistants were making more than me sometimes after my hours stacked up..

I'm usually up an hour before my alarm goes off too, and then somehow I doze back off about 5 minutes before it goes off, which makes me feel super groggy. I get up at 7:05 everyday. I miss working 4-midnight. I went to sleep when I wanted and woke up when I wanted, never had to use an alarm clock. It did cut into my social life a bit, but not much, since all my friends were night people too.

2 day trip to Balt. Packed light. Only took 1 pair of pants because I thought I could wear them twice and no one would know. Had a chocolate incident on the plane. Shit.

That is the worst, but you can always buy a pair. I avoid eating things with chocolate chips in them at work, since a few weeks ago I had a granola bar with them it in, and somehow one fell on my chairs and I sat on it. I had a nice brown spot on the back of my pants all day.

Ha, same here. Lay in bed for an hour wide awake, then just as you've dozed off the fucking alarm rings. Working 4pm-12am was def ideal. 10pm-630am, not so much.

10pm to 630am sounds quite rough.

i sent my iphone 5c to amazon for trade-in credit, but they're sending it back saying it's "severely damaged." i hope it's some silly reason because that phone had no damage and it operated just fine.  :angry:

It either got damaged in transit, or they have too many and are making an excuse to not take it. It'd have to have been run over by a truck to be "severely damaged" though.

It either got damaged in transit, or they have too many and are making an excuse to not take it. It'd have to have been run over by a truck to be "severely damaged" though.

i packaged it pretty well, but shit happens during shipping. hopefully there's more of an explanation when it comes back.

This is the best, and then sleep till like 3pm.

Did this so much after I graduated HS.

I never used to sleep past 1pm, not matter when I went to sleep.

3rd shift grocery stocking. Being on exact opposite schedules of most others sucked, but getting stoned @ 7am w/ peeps from work when everyone else is getting up for work was pretty sweet.

Haha, that last part does sound pretty awesome. I almost did that as a second job, but I think the repetition would have bored me to death.

3rd shift grocery stocking. Being on exact opposite schedules of most others sucked, but getting stoned @ 7am w/ peeps from work when everyone else is getting up for work was pretty sweet.

Sounds like the perfect gig for me, especially if the store is closed during those hours and I don't have to deal with customers. Getting baked afterward is just icing on the cake!  

Good morning sounds so awful on the ears.... Can't we as a society just replace it with "Good coffee hours to you sir/ma'am..."

I prefer just "Morning" none of that "good" bullshit. Just an acknowledgement that it is morning.

The only time morning is good is when there's sex, breakfast, and then more sleep.

I feel you there. I spent many a year working in the pizza industry so I have many many 1am-2am-3am home arrival times. Being a general manager was the worst though, minimum of 50 hours weekly and no less than 5 days...Usually turned into nearly 70 hours a week and most times i was at my store every single day for something or another. Salaried too, so my assistants were making more than me sometimes after my hours stacked up..

Yeah, never ever take a retail or food service gig if it's salaried.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic